Benefit to telling Carnival booking is for a birthday?

bluesea4me

My PVP wanted to know if my booking was to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, etc. I am curious as to why. Is the room decorated? Do they sing a song? Leave an extra chocolate or towel animal? Why? :confused:

What have your experiences with this been?

My PVP wanted to know if my booking was to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, etc. I am curious as to why. Is the room decorated? Do they sing a song? Leave an extra chocolate or towel animal? Why? :confused:

They can make more money if you purchase party extras through Bon Voyage or extra-charge specialty cakes. Coffee/pastry bars have specialty cakes displayed you can order. Saw another post complaining of the numerous/repetitious singing of "Happy Birthday" in the MDR.

I figured. I did tell them it was for a special occasion. I will watch for the extra mailings, calls, etc. ;)

I also always wondered why someone would pay for a cake when I could go to the buffet and grab a sweet. If their chocolate cakes are as good as CMC then I know why!:D

Your special occasion will be recognized at dinner in the MDR.

When we booked our cruise well over 1 year out I was asked. I said half jokingly that is was going to be our delayed honeymoon.

Well, I had forgotten even mentioning it. After dinner our waiter and his assistant walked over with cake and candles singing Happy Honeymoon Kissy Kissy.

We laughed thinking it was a mistake but then I realized I had said it was our honeymoon. Delayed yes. Honeymoon yes. LOL

And NO we were never asked if we wanted to buy anything extra from BV.

Your special occasion will be recognized at dinner in the MDR.

When we booked our cruise well over 1 year out I was asked. I said half jokingly that is was going to be our delayed honeymoon.

Well, I had forgotten even mentioning it. After dinner our waiter and his assistant walked over with cake and candles singing Happy Honeymoon Kissy Kissy.

We laughed thinking it was a mistake but then I realized I had said it was our honeymoon. Delayed yes. Honeymoon yes. LOL

And NO we were never asked if we wanted to buy anything extra from BV.

there was a time where passengers would just tell them it was their birthday just for the "free" cake, which was always worse than the regular desserts.

until they converted to the "charge for" cakes. those are delicious!

we think we got one free, accidently, about 9 years ago, cause the following year we were told there would be a charge.

Archived