Will RCL let me book two adults and a young child in a double room (Allure)?

minniefino

Looking to book a Boardwalk balcony room on Allure. Will RCL let me book me, DH, and DD (4 years old) in a double room? There are no more Boardwalk balcony quads available for our sailing, only the doubles are available. Otherwise we will have to book a Central Park balcony instead, but would prefer the Boardwalk.

Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

The only time you can put three people into a double room is if the third is 2 or under and will be using a crib. Even then, you should remember that crib will take up the vast majority of the free space in the room.

You can always book a Central Park view and waitlist a Boardwalk view.

Honeybee is right.

While you CAN book 3 people in a double, one of those three has to be under 2.

Now that ours is 4, we also run into the dreaded "have to book in a cabin that is a triple or quad" (for which the price is usually higher.... sigh.)

Honeybee is right.

While you CAN book 3 people in a double, one of those three has to be under 2.

Now that ours is 4, we also run into the dreaded "have to book in a cabin that is a triple or quad" (for which the price is usually higher.... sigh.)

If it is in the same category, it will be the same price to have a third bed as it would have been to have an infant in a Pack N Play.

If it is in the same category, it will be the same price to have a third bed as it would have been to have an infant in a Pack N Play.

True, BUT there are a number of categories that you cannot even book with 3+ pax that you can book with 2 adults and a <2 year old, and those categories are often the cheaper ones. For example, picking a random cruise in Jan (Nav 6-night on 1/29) if I were 2 pax, I could get an N or a Q cat for $469-479 per pax. You could put a pack and play in these rooms. Change that to 3 pax (i.e. 3 berths) and the lowest price is now $509 and the lowest category available is a K.

Also, you cannot book a guarantee category with more than 2 pax. As you move up to more expensive categories it makes less difference. For example we are in a D1 for next week's cruise, and those cabins have staterooms with 2, or 2+ berths, and they are all the same price.

When you are a bottom feeder like myself, you notice that the cheapest categories are no longer available to you.

Archived