NCL Spirit - In-room Safes?

pliskin

I've been on ships with small safes to hold a wallet, camera, etc. and others where you could put a small laptop in. Anyone have any experience with the size of the safes on the Spirit? I'd really like to bring my iPad and while I could lug it to the front desk every day, it would be much more convenient to store it in the room.

Thanks!

I've been on ships with small safes to hold a wallet, camera, etc. and others where you could put a small laptop in. Anyone have any experience with the size of the safes on the Spirit? I'd really like to bring my iPad and while I could lug it to the front desk every day, it would be much more convenient to store it in the room.

Thanks!

I heard you were Dead ! ;) JK

The thing about the safe is this . They are only a safe as your room in general, really . The room steward can access the safe most times. I feel secure leaving things out in the room ( i still put passports in the safe) because any steward that would risk his job over a theft claim is nuts. That and the four digit code that most of these types of safes use as a reset is well known amung the staff..;)

I heard you were Dead !

LOL! Such a classic...yet awful film. I've only seen it like 20 times... ;-)

Great info all. I too feel very safe leaving things in the room and have never had an issue on a ship. But my iPad being what it is, its nice to know I can put it in the safe. Looking forward to transferring my pictures to it and sharing them with the rest of my group at dinner.

On the Spirit last January, my father-in-law forget his safe code. The stuarts was not able to open it. They had to call a security guy who come with a special equipment to open the safe. He told us that the safe on the Spirit has not a reset code.

The guy told us that he often have to open safe because the woman are putting their purses on it. If the metal on the purse touch the door, the safe don't like it and sometime refuse to open.

Archived