New Year's on NCL

bostongal965

So, fellow cruisers, what's it like? We're on the Sun, leaving Canaveral on New Year's Eve - I'm so excited I think I'm going to burst, lol. :D I'm just wondering what they typically do - expecially since our sailaway IS New Year's Eve, I'm figuring the usual sailaway festivities are going to be ramped up a notch.

Thanks!!

I can tell you that a cruise ship is the place to be on New Year's Eve. However, be prepared it will ruin you for all other New Year's Eves that you are not fortunate to be on a cruise. Our festivities were not on sail away as we departed the day after Christmas and returned Jan 2nd aboard the Gem. It is an extremely exciting atmosphere! Our cruise was sold out plus, plus, as it was during school vacation. There were parties all over the ship. Hats, noise makers, streamers and champagne for all. Well, the champagne for 21 year olds anyway. The captain counted down to the new year activating the ships horn at midnite. The biggest party was poolside where they had a band and large ice sculptures. Some passengers were dressed to the nines while others were in shorts. After all its freestyle. Have a Great Cruise!

Archived