menus

The menu is much the same on all the P&O Ships, Ventura is no better or worse than any of the ships in the fleet.

Dont think anyone said it was. Just that by posting those menu's it shows a much wider range of the dishes served than just the 3 or 4 menus on the P&O site.

Thankyou for posting these...I'm on Azura soon and its nice to have a rough idea of what we'll be eating!

Dont think anyone said it was. Just that by posting those menu's it shows a much wider range of the dishes served than just the 3 or 4 menus on the P&O site.

Thankyou for posting these...I'm on Azura soon and its nice to have a rough idea of what we'll be eating!

There was one night where lobster was served (not the one with the seafood grill) where the menu wasn't in the pack I was given. I think it was one of the formal nights. To be honest though, I had the lobster and it was quite tough. I only ate half of it, and I usually love seafood. So be wary of the lobster :)

One other point about the food is the extra vegetables/potatoes which are served with the main course. They really don't fit in, especially when there are already veg/potatoes on the dish itself. The waiters also seem to insist on giving you loads, even when you ask for just a bit. The creamed leeks however, I could eat the entire dish of those :D

There was one night where lobster was served (not the one with the seafood grill) where the menu wasn't in the pack I was given. I think it was one of the formal nights. To be honest though, I had the lobster and it was quite tough. I only ate half of it, and I usually love seafood. So be wary of the lobster :)

One other point about the food is the extra vegetables/potatoes which are served with the main course. They really don't fit in, especially when there are already veg/potatoes on the dish itself. The waiters also seem to insist on giving you loads, even when you ask for just a bit. The creamed leeks however, I could eat the entire dish of those :D

I found that the waiters were a bit persistent in offering extra vegetables and then gave you too many even if you asked for less. With four courses you don't need much anyway.

:D

I don't think anyone else would be given your lobster! The one I had on Oceana in May was delicious.

I like to be surprised to see the menu on the night rather then see the menus beforehand, I don't even look at the menu when displayed the day before.

As for too much veg, just be assertive without being rude. Have what you prefer.

Archived