Pride of America Floats Again

gdries

Following the link below and scrolling down to the bottom of the page you will see photos from yesterday showing the POA floated back out of dry dock and moved to the construction dock. I would hope this is a posititve sign that progress will again resume on her.

http://www.schiffsphoto.de/HTM/Cruise/PrideofAmerica.htm

In another news note, Star Cruises, yesterday secured a long term debt facility for 400mm dollars, as well as closed financing for the two new build ships. I would hope that others will understand that a cartel of baks will not offer up this kind of financing for a company that is on the verge of fiscal collapse. Especially to finance the new builds.

I actually had a conversation with a Sr. staff member at NCL today and discussed the issues that some have talked about on this board. Much has to do with the shifting and rifting of staff around the system as NCL America becomes a reality and the Star moves to North America. Much of the crew loves the warmer climates and now have to summer in Alaska, farther from their native lands in the Phillipines. I think many of us have had to deal with relocation as markets change and evolve. Unfortunately in a service based business we, the customer feel it first. Thus, my suggestion is to empathise with the staff, share their pain just a little bit, and then relax and enjoy your vacation. A well placed smile and pleasant thought will often result in a return of the same.

Just my humble opinion. Yea, guilty of being an NCL fan, but lets help the team on the ships one at a time by helping them smile and remember that their smile and happiness only helps them be more secure in their world.

OK, off my soapbox now.

Aloha Hawaii from LA via San Francisco

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

This link is old, from what I know the POA is still in the dry docked!

Leeward 6/98

Norwegian Wind 11/98

Norwegian Crown 6/99

Norway 10/99

Norwegian Sea 4/01

Norwegian Sun 11/01

Norwegian Sea 3/02

Norway 7/02

Norwegian Majesty 11/02

Norwegian Dawn 4/03

Norwegian Dawn 7/03

Grand Princess 4/04

Norwegian Spirit 11/04

gdries-

what a pleasure to read your thoughtful and sensitive post regarding the crews. if more folks took the time to recognize them as human beings and not their indentured (sp?) servants there would be a lot less griping on these boards, Bravo sir!

"live long and prosper...so you may cruise!"

gdries,

I had thought to write a letter to the Star Crew, welcoming them to our area (Seattle), and letting them know some of the good sides to leaving "paradise" to summer here and northward. I would prefer to send it by e-mail to someone aboard the Star, though, as opposed to sending it to corporate for forwarding to the ship. Any thoughts about the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Julie

zimjb@comcast.net

Gene, thanks for the info and the positive thoughts.

NMNita

Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004

Archived