Cartagena- Rosario Island Tour

StLeCe

Hi, everyone,

My husband and I are leaning toward booking the following shore excursion through Celebrity. Has anyone ever done this excursion? Was it worth the money? Any positive or negative feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Stacy

Rosario Island Tour - CA14

This full day tour gives you the opportunity to discover one of the most beautiful archipelagos in the Caribbean. Your guide will welcome you to the fast motor boats that will take you on a 60 minute ride through the harbour and Bay of Cartagena to the beautiful crystal clear waters of Rosario Island.

Upon arrival, you will have time to sunbathe, explore, swim, and enjoy a refreshment from a selection of Colombia’s famous and delicious coffee. You'll be treated to a delicious lunch which consists of locally caught fresh fried fish, accompanied by typical coconut rice, plantains and mixed salad, all washed down with a refreshing soft drink and finished with Colombian coffee. You'll have free time after lunch to take photos and stroll about before your return motorboat ride to the Cartagena pier.

Please wear your swimsuit and bring a towel. Snorkeling equipment is not included.

Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Women more than 6 weeks pregnant are not allowed. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements. Guests who have concerns should consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.

I didn't go on a cruise ship tour but last time we were in Cartagena we did the tour though a tour group and extended our stay on the island and slept in hammocks for a night. It was wonderful! We got to eat a lobster so big my husband and I had to split it. It can get really busy. Not sure which beach the cruise excursion takes you to but most of the tours all end up at the same beach. If it is a weekend or high season (December, January, Holy week, June and July) here it will be packed. That is one reason why we stayed the night. It was so peaceful once all the tours left (we were there at the end of Januray 2010 BTW). If this is your first time in Cartagena, I would really recommend that you check out the old town and all the historical sites. Cartagena isn't really a beach destination. However if you have already done all the historical sites and are looking for the best beaches that Cartagena can offer then go for the Rosario island tour.

Archived