question for coffee drinkers on SPIRIT

theampres

is there a specialty coffee bar onboard Spirit? and this may sound 'silly' but having sailed most recent cruises all outside USA, where cream/half & half not available, can anyone tell me, please, if you can get cream or half & half in MDR or elsewhere? if not available onboard, I just might consider bringing my own...! that thought came to mind as I read how many soda drinkers seem to bring on their own. not a soda drinker at all, but sure do NEED my coffee...with cream (NOT milk!) will drink it black, but just thought I'd ask...specialty coffee bar would be great!!

The only milk on board comes from a glass or the machine in the buffet on NCL ships. Most places they use the "not have to refrigerate" milkers, sorry I'm not sure what is in them because I prefer milk and have to go on a hunt.

The only milk on board comes from a glass or the machine in the buffet on NCL ships. Most places they use the "not have to refrigerate" milkers, sorry I'm not sure what is in them because I prefer milk and have to go on a hunt.

thanks - good to know! do you know if there is any kind of specialty coffee bar onboard?

thanks - good to know! do you know if there is any kind of specialty coffee bar onboard?

I've never been on the Spirit but I assume the Cafe probably would

"The café is located in the lobby and serves coffee drinks and fine pastries"

There is a specialty coffee bar on board. Latte's etc. MDR and other locations all have half and half available. Some like the regular coffee served in the MDR and others think it is terrible. I find it ok.

There are no fridges on Spirit so don't bring any unless it's the non refrigerated kind.

There is a specialty coffee bar on board. Latte's etc. MDR and other locations all have half and half available. Some like the regular coffee served in the MDR and others think it is terrible. I find it ok.

There are no fridges on Spirit so don't bring any unless it's the non refrigerated kind.

more good-to-know info - thank you! appreciate your feedback on MDR 'brand'... nice to know NCL offers cream and/or half 'n half, but if the coffee is 'lousy'...well, guess I'll be visiting the spec. cafe, am and pm!

thanks again for your feedback.

more good-to-know info - thank you! appreciate your feedback on MDR 'brand'... nice to know NCL offers cream and/or half 'n half, but if the coffee is 'lousy'...well, guess I'll be visiting the spec. cafe, am and pm!

thanks again for your feedback.

I personally don't like the coffee anywhere on NCL ships (I've never bought coffee from the specialties). That doesn't mean it's bad, it is just not what I am used to drinking.

Some say room service is best, some MDR is best, some say there are 2 different dispensers in the buffet and one is better than the other. I'd say try from a few different spots on the ship to see if you like any one better than the other.

I have been described as a coffee snob (although I prefer to think of myself as a coffee geek). I very much enjoy the room service coffee, and find the MDR coffee to be fine as well. The buffet? Well, not so much!

We have been able to get half and half on request.

Have a great cruise.

I have been described as a coffee snob (although I prefer to think of myself as a coffee geek). I very much enjoy the room service coffee, and find the MDR coffee to be fine as well. The buffet? Well, not so much!

We have been able to get half and half on request.

Have a great cruise.

That's exactly what my wife said and she is very much a coffee snob. She did think that the coffee in Cagney's was the best on board.

That's exactly what my wife said and she is very much a coffee snob. She did think that the coffee in Cagney's was the best on board.

ANOTHER reason to go to Cagney's - not that one is needed... French-press served there, or so I've heard...

And thanks, russianmom, for posting the cafe menu - will be my first stop ea. am!

relieved to know that no need to consider my own carry-on-cream nor suffer "withdrawal" as was the case on most recent cruises!

Just got off the Spirit two weeks ago and I have to say that my personal opinion , as someone who drinks coffee from morning till night, the coffee in the MDR was much better than anything I got from the coffee bar/cafe that is located in the atrium. I purchased three different times from the coffee bar and did not care for any of the three purchases. If you treat yourself to Cagney's or Le Bistro you MUST have their coffee as it is delicious.

Archived