Are upgrades always to the next category?

Thanks, all, for the information. Glad to hear that I wouldn't be moved to another JS, I wasn't sure if RC considered different locations (such as corner afts) as an upgrade.

There is so many cabins available on my sailing... I guess I will have to wait and see what happens!

Doesn't hurt to dream!

I thought there use to be an option for "I don't want an upgrade".

I don't want to be upgraded to a Crown Loft Suite. Many people are since they can't get rid of them. There are still 14 available on my upcoming Oasis cruise. I hope they would at least call first.

Is there anything wrong with a c.l. Suite, or are they just too expensive

I don't see that option. Only a radio button next to 'I prefer an automatic upgrade" and the other next to "I would like an upgrade but have restrictions"

I think i will call. My luck I'd lose 1602. :rolleyes:

We "lost" 1602 on Jewel to a GS and were very, very happy, even though we lost our wake view. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Thanks, all, for the information. Glad to hear that I wouldn't be moved to another JS, I wasn't sure if RC considered different locations (such as corner afts) as an upgrade.

There is so many cabins available on my sailing... I guess I will have to wait and see what happens!

Doesn't hurt to dream!

RCI considers midships to be prime territory. Sadly, they don't get that the aft cabins are very much sought after. They re-classified the D-1 cabins on the Radiance class to D-2 because they only sleep 2.:rolleyes:

That and the view is of the pool and basketball court. Not what I want to see when I step out onto my balcony. At least, I wouldn't pay for it.:p

I book a cabin for space both inside and balcony. I currently have an OS on the Oasis which is 569.4 Sq. ft. and the balcony is 246.5 Sq. ft.

The CL cabin is 540.4 Sq. ft. and the balcony is 98 Sq. ft.

I can't see a smaller cabin and TINY balcony as much of an upgrade.

For the price of them they have to give them away as they will never sell out.

Archived