Tortola tourist bus?

chicatt

Anyone knows about the tourist bus?

I read on tripadvisor for this open air style bus going around the island for sightseeing, i am quite interested in this and anyone can provide more information?

Do I need to book in advance? is it 20 USD per person with a stop on a named beach?

Thanks!

When we were there in Jan. 2010, we saw many "tourist buses" parked near the open-air market at the end of the pier. The drivers were calling out to attract passengers. For $20 each, we decided to tour. It lasted about an hour and a half. He drove us to a mountain top lookout area that had a gift shop, and down to Cane Garden Bay for about a 30 minute stop, then back to Roadtown. We enjoyed it overall. Absolutely no need to book in advance (I doubt you even could book online) - there were well over a dozen buses parked along the road.

kikkycat you're right, unless the OP wants to go to a destination like Smuggler's Cove or CGB for the day just meet up with a safari taxi that is making this tour. Excellent photo ops and if time I would grab a burger at Stanley's (THE cheeseburger in paradise!).

Last April we stayed at the Heritage Inn which is on Windy Hill by a switchback (steep 180° turn). I videotaped a safari taxi full of cruisers holding on for dear life as they went up the turn - very funny!!! :D

Archived