Are there no Pricess Cruises out of San Juan Nov. 2012

swdke

As an early planner, I was looking into what Princess Caribbean cruises might be available out of San Juan next November, in 2012. But, on the princess website, I can't seem to find anything? Why is that? Am I looking too early? There are a few cruises in the Caribbean, but they all cruises seem to be out of Ft. Lauderdale. What am I doing wrong in searching for cruises out of San Juan, Nov. 2012? Appreciate any information, thanks!

Oops, sorry for the misspelling in the subject line, should read Princess Cruises.

What you are seeing is correct. No cruises out of San Juan. They are doing their "southern caribbean" cruises out of Fort Lauderdale. I have to think it is because of supply and demand. I have read some posts that say the ship didn't really sell well out of San Juan (perhaps because of airfare, etc) and that Princess had to run deep discounts to local San Juan folks to fill their ships. I think RCI might still have a ship that sails out of San Juan.

We are sailing out of San Juan on the Caribbean Princess on 12/4. We loved the port intense iteneraries, and in 14 days we have only 2 sea days. We got an excellent deal on our airfare. Don't see why we would want to do 14 days with only 6 ports or some such. And even less Cays.

But that is just us. You may find Ft Lauderdale good for what you want.

I am sorry though, to hear they are leaving the unique departures from San Juan.

Doug

We are sailing out of San Juan on the Caribbean Princess on 12/4. We loved the port intense iteneraries, and in 14 days we have only 2 sea days. We got an excellent deal on our airfare. Don't see why we would want to do 14 days with only 6 ports or some such. And even less Cays.

But that is just us. You may find Ft Lauderdale good for what you want.

I am sorry though, to hear they are leaving the unique departures from San Juan.

Doug

Well, I for one, like cruises with at least a few sea days. I really wouldn't be interested in a 14 day cruise with only two sea days...

Archived