Star - Captain, ship time

2Ports

Two quick questions:

Who is the current Captain of the Star?

Does the Star stay on Tampa (EST) time or switch to local (CST) time? Need to know if I can make a private excursion, and yes, I did search this one.

TIA

Two quick questions:

Who is the current Captain of the Star?

Does the Star stay on Tampa (EST) time or switch to local (CST) time? Need to know if I can make a private excursion, and yes, I did search this one.

TIA

The ships switch to the local time as appropriate. You receive a notice in your room the night you need to change your clocks (it's also printed in the Freestyle Daily).

The captain of the Star is Konstantinos Fafalios. He is highly visible around the ship and very personable. Our CC roll call members received invitations to take a tour of the bridge.

We did have time changes. The first night we set our clocks back one hour and on Day 6 we turned them one hour forward.

Hope you enjoy the Star and her wonderful crew as much as we did!

He is on vacation - he left the ship when it reached Tampa at the end of the Panama Canal cuise on Oct 16 - Captain and First mate both left - they work 3 months on - three months off. I got that information when we were given a tour of the bridge after the Captain announced at our M & G that he would arrange one for us.

Didn`t hear who the replacement was going to be.

Cheers

Dennis

He is on vacation - he left the ship when it reached Tampa at the end of the Panama Canal cuise on Oct 16 - Captain and First mate both left - they work 3 months on - three months off. I got that information when we were given a tour of the bridge after the Captain announced at our M & G that he would arrange one for us.

Didn`t hear who the replacement was going to be.

Cheers

Dennis

Not exactly correct. Fafalos was still on the Star for our 10/16 and 10/23 cruises, but I think he was near his vacation time. Peter was also still there for those two cruises.

Archived