Seeking hints re: explorer

sr5242

Traveling end of march on eastern Caribbean itinerary on explorer of the seas. Have been on majesty and jewel, but first time on explorer. Does anyone have helpful hints, things they wished they'd known prior to going on explorer? Hidden cafes, quiet spots, best times for mtd?

Thanks!

Go to the Royal Caribbean board and look for "Live from the Explorer of the Seas" This is a wonderful, day-by-day review of our 10 day cruise with lots of pictures and commentray. All done by our friend Radio.

yup..that is a good idea...check out that LIVE report...and then see what other questions you come up with.....

i wouldn't call anything a hidden cafe....but there are some quiet spots...like the library, viking crown (during the day...)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1514642

there is the link...happy reading! We had a great time....and Radio has lots of info..and fantastic pictures too!

Traveling end of march on eastern Caribbean itinerary on explorer of the seas. Have been on majesty and jewel, but first time on explorer. Does anyone have helpful hints, things they wished they'd known prior to going on explorer? Hidden cafes, quiet spots, best times for mtd?

Thanks!

All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2 (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

LauraS

My advice in regards to MTD. We just got back from our first cruise Sunday (Explorer). I didn't make any reservations online ahead of time. I really should have.

If you want to eat early...5:30 or late..7:45 or so, you don't need reservations ahead of time. If you want to dine anytime between there, I'd make a reservation, even if you plan to change it on the ship that day or the evening before.

It was HARD (or impossible really) to get a dinner reservation between 6 and 7:30. And you can only make a reservation one night at a time. So when we'd show up for dinner at 7:45, we'd make that same reservation for the next evening. I really wanted a 7pm dinner time, and next time I'll schedule that for the entire cruise even if we change it once on board, at least we'd have it.

My advice in regards to MTD. We just got back from our first cruise Sunday (Explorer). I didn't make any reservations online ahead of time. I really should have.

If you want to eat early...5:30 or late..7:45 or so, you don't need reservations ahead of time. If you want to dine anytime between there, I'd make a reservation, even if you plan to change it on the ship that day or the evening before.

It was HARD (or impossible really) to get a dinner reservation between 6 and 7:30. And you can only make a reservation one night at a time. So when we'd show up for dinner at 7:45, we'd make that same reservation for the next evening. I really wanted a 7pm dinner time, and next time I'll schedule that for the entire cruise even if we change it once on board, at least we'd have it.

Thanks for the info- how difficult was it to get a table for two with mtd?

Thanks for the info- how difficult was it to get a table for two with mtd?

We didn't have a problem with a table for two. The tables are very close together, though. We ended up eating with the same two other couples sitting in the same area each night. After a couple nights we made it a point to all show up at the same time. So we may as well have been sitting with other people. But it is a table for two, and you don't have to be nosey and talk with the people beside ya like we did lol.

Archived