Skipper Club

impcinder

It has been a couple of years since our last cruise. We are booked for the Glory 7/2/05 - cat 11.

Last cruise this cabin category entitled us to use the services of the Skipper club out of Miami. Does this function in Port Canaveral????

They do have the Skippers Club in Pt. Canaveral and I have found them to be the best of the three ports that I have used for the Skippers Club. Both times they actually checked us in early and then led us to the gang way to board the ship prior to regular boarding starting.

They do have the Skippers Club in Pt. Canaveral and I have found them to be the best of the three ports that I have used for the Skippers Club. Both times they actually checked us in early and then led us to the gang way to board the ship prior to regular boarding starting.

Were booked in two rooms, one is a cat 11. We are a party of four, what do you think the odds are that the two who are not cat 11 can tag along with the other two in order not to break the party up?

Well here is what we did. My husband and I had a category 11 on the Pride going out of Port Canaveral. My mother-in-law had a category 9 (I think, it could have been an 8) with our daughter. When we checked in at the SC...my husband asked if they would also check in my mother-in-law. The man was more than gracious and didn't have a problem with it. So depending on the person doing the checking in, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem.

I have used the Skippers Club in 4 different ports (New Orleans, Port Canaveral, Tampa, & Miami) and nine different cruises (Not aware of it on my first Carnival cruise in 1993). It is not priority boarding, but priority check-in. At some ports it is a nice room and in others it was just a table off to the side. Port Canaveral has a nice room.

It isn't always faster. We were talking to the people ahead of us going in to the terminal. They headed for the Skipper's Club Room and we headed for the FunPass Line. We boarded before they did. The room was full of people and there was only one person checking them in. I guess it just depends on when you arrive at the terminal.

We are sailing on CCL Elation 5/1 and have a Cat 11. Does anyone know what the Skippers Club is like in Galveston?

Are there any other perks with the Skippers Club besides priortiy embarkation/boarding?

We've had balconies before on CCL, but never Cat 11+. The only way to get a balcony on this ship was with a Cat 11.

Thanks.

How is the Skippers Club in New Orleans?

jck, I've been wanting to know this also and haven't read any specific replies yet either. O.k., all you pro-cruisers out there......anyone know what the New Orleans Skippers Club arrangement is like at the Port? jc and I want to know what to expect before we get there.

I have sailed on the Conquest in two connecting 6A staterooms out of New Orleans....knew not to use Skipper's Club then; but can now as we have registered for a Cat. 12 on the Sensation out of N.O. in July ..... I'm one of those o.c. people that like to know at least a little bit of what to expect....which direction to walk....yada...yada...yada. Anybody out there used the N.O. Skipper's Club?

Archived