Changing Tables

lrowe70

I can't answer your question about changing tables on the ship, but we did recently fly with our baby. There was a changing table in the bathroom. I never really knew planes had them! It folds down over the toilet, and you just barely have room to stand there and change the diaper. It's a tight squeeze, but it works just fine. I would suggest not lugging the entire diaper bag in there with you - just grab a diaper and some wipes to take in with you.

Christi

Just to add to the plane part...smaller planes won't have one in the bathroom, so the flight crew told us to change on the seats! They usually give us a bag to tie the diaper up in and then they dispose of it.

Have a great trip!

Just to add to the plane part...smaller planes won't have one in the bathroom, so the flight crew told us to change on the seats! They usually give us a bag to tie the diaper up in and then they dispose of it.

Have a great trip!

Wow, that would be awful! We've always had one when we've flown (some smaller and tighter than others) which is good, because I would feel awful for the other passengers, as my son has a tendency to poop as soon as we get to cruising altitude!

Depending on the airline and plane, not all bathrooms will have a changing table so be sure and ask the flight attendant when you board which ones have the changing table. The table won't have a 'seatbelt' like the kangaroo tables so you have to keep your hand on your LO. Any little bump could be dangerous.

One nuisance to keep in mind is that you won't be able to get up to change your LO until the pilot turns off the seatbelt light. One time when flying with my LO, she pooped right as we were pulling back from the gate. Poor DD had to stay in a poopy diaper until we got up in the air and the pilot turned off the seatbelt light. Another time I was holding DD in my lap (the only time we've carried her instead of getting a seat for her -big mistake!), she leaked all over me right as we were taking off.

wow, thanks for the plane advice that gives me some ideas of what to expect. We have 2 flights and the second isonly about an hour long so I assume it's a small plane which may not have a changing table.

Anyone know if the boat has changing tables? I really don't want to have to run all the way back to our cabin each time my son goes.

I don't know about changing tables on the ship, but I have a suggestion for ports and the airplane. I took a gallon zip lock bag and put a diaper, a small thing of wipes, a plastic grocery bag, and a thin changing pad in it. I had more of everything in the diaper bag, but when I would go into a bathroom all I would have to take was the ziplock bag.

Practice changing the baby on your lap... do it now and you'll never need to hunt for a changing table again.

You can always lay a changing mat across your lap first if you're worried, but I did it with both my kids for years and have never had to worry about broken or missing changing tables. Especially in airplanes with no accommodation for them. Both of them lay still and don't wiggle - I suppose they come to realise that if they wiggle around too much, they'll end up on the floor (not that I've ever dropped either one!).

Just got back from Magic and there were none in any of the bathrooms that I ever saw. If it were just a regular change then I put him on the sink counter with a pad underneath. If it were anything larger I took him back to the room.

Archived