Jewel Thanksgiving Week 2011: A One Post Review!

coka

Thank you for the nice comments everyone. I enjoyed writing it in one unedited post as well.

For those thinking of the Jewel in the future...the band Next Stage will join the ship soon, hence another reason to sail her again.

Lgfromdg, our spring vacation break is after Easter week 2012 so I think the sailing will have to be the week afterwards. :(

cruitenn, I was in the salon for 2 hour and 45 minutes...the other 21 hours and 15 minutes was when we were in the 'saloon' :D lol

Jimswims, mr. coka asked if we jumped in the pool with our clothes on during this sailing. I said no, this time we put our bathing suits on first and went with our pool towels all ready. The only problem was that we had to get out within 30 seconds after going in. I guess those guys really do monitor the security cameras at 3am...;)

Got2cruise, the kids onboard, all 950 of them, were absolutely wonderful on this sailing. They seemed to also really enjoy the Nickleodeon activities. They lined up to see the characters and have their pictures taken with them, there was a special breakfast with them, the slime time live was packed with families in the Stardust Theater, and the magician was also so funny with them. Most of the questions for Captain Idar came from the children and he was most gracious and gentle in answering them.

coka

Hahahaha! I am glad that you did not wind up in the brig! Especially since you went swimming with your suit on and not in your clothes :)

Hahahaha! I am glad that you did not wind up in the brig! Especially since you went swimming with your suit on and not in your clothes :)

Yeah, I can picture it now:

Security Guy: "Excuse me madame, but you are under arrest and will be confined to the brig for the rest of the cruise!"

Coka: "Whaaaat? For going into your swimming pool after the posted hours???!"

Security Guy: "No, for the way you look in that swimming suit...!"

:eek:

coka

Once again so happy to read a review of yours.

We are going on our first ever Christmas cruise on the Jewel this year. It was great to "hear" all the positives.

I've already ordered Sam a bon voyage gift of Spongebob Squarepants' stuff. The will even make his bed with Spongebob sheets and a blanket.

Martha

Archived