Eeeekkk.!! Did anybody elase hear this?

Top-Cat

Now this is Bazar! I have an aunt who lives on Lake Okechobee, FL. She called my mom today because she heard on the news (local) that a woman was taken from a returning cruise ship an had to be treated for "bed bug " bites!

She did not say which cruise line, but that the lady was first treated in a port after several days of reporting to the ship that something was 'biting" her in her cabin. The ship returned to the Miami port.

The alegation was finally checked on and the woman received treatment.

Did anybody else here this?

Now this just makes me feel warm & fuzzy about my upcomming cruise. I was already having the comforter taken off & have the blanket covered by sheets. What do I ask for 2 fitted sheets? Actually I am asking for a roll top put on our bed so we don't feel the crack of the two beds being put together. But how clean is that!

Maybe she carried the bugs in from when she went to one of the ports..Lets hope anyway.:(
I would guess that this is the case. They really do keep the cabins clean and well disinfected.. Most likely were carried back from a port-of-call.. JMHO! ;)

They had a bit on 20/20 or primetime about a month ago on bedbugs in hotels. The way you can tell if a bed has them is pull back the sheets and look in the crevise of the matress(you know the one that the cording goes around on the edge of the mattress. Look really close and if you see what looks like little coffee grounds guess what!?! YOU HAVE BED BUGS!!

We look at the mattresses now everytime we stay somewhere.

Good Luck and dont let the little critters bite a leg near you!!

This is being discussed on the Royal Caribbean forum. Seems it was the Jewel of the Seas and the bedbugs were in the headboard.:eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=161449

this thread and the link to the "bedbug" information site has made me itchy! Too funny...tho now we will be checking our beds on all upcoming cruises!:eek:

I'm standing here itching. :eek: thanks for the "heads up" and thanks, Suzie, for the tip on checking in the crevice. ICK. if we do find them, do we just say to the steward, "excuse me, can you disinfect my mattress of the critters infesting it right now?" or what? *gag* LOL

I'm standing here itching. :eek: thanks for the "heads up" and thanks, Suzie, for the tip on checking in the crevice. ICK. if we do find them, do we just say to the steward, "excuse me, can you disinfect my mattress of the critters infesting it right now?" or what? *gag* LOL

They need to move you to another room.

Archived