5 day Jewel compass

scottamy

We have a shuttle service bringing us to the port from 50 miles north of Tampa and would like to know what time you could embark JOS. Also, what time did you disembark so we can tell the fellow when to pick us up.

Want to make reservations at Chops. In your opinion which night had the weakest selections on the menu? Don't want to miss lobster night - which night was that? Thanks for your help.

We have a shuttle service bringing us to the port from 50 miles north of Tampa and would like to know what time you could embark JOS. Also, what time did you disembark so we can tell the fellow when to pick us up.

Want to make reservations at Chops. In your opinion which night had the weakest selections on the menu? Don't want to miss lobster night - which night was that? Thanks for your help.

Happy to help you out with this:

THey start the check in process at approximately 11 AM. Lunch in the WJ starts at about noon and cabin access is at 1 PM. Sailaway is at 4:30. Any of this can be impacted by the arrival of the prior cruise. Many times there is fog and arrival can be delayed if the fog is too thick to go under the bridge or navigate the bay.

We were off the ship at just before 8 AM and we were in the very first group allowed off.

In terms of the DR menu the night to avoid is night 3. First night is always prime rib, 2nd night is formal night with tenderloin, escargot, duck. Night 4 was lobster night and also prime rib. The last night was NY strip steak, turkey. Night 3 has the turkey tenderloin, a pasta, shoulder of beef, a vegan dish. I couldn't convince my crew to go to Portofino so I ordered the Chops 10 oz. filet, baked potato, and veg. It was great!!That's the night to eat somewhere else. I also highly recommend the Seaview Cafe on the back of Deck 12 for lunch. Everything is cooked to order and the food is very good.

Happy to help you out with this:

THey start the check in process at approximately 11 AM. Lunch in the WJ starts at about noon and cabin access is at 1 PM. Sailaway is at 4:30. Any of this can be impacted by the arrival of the prior cruise. Many times there is fog and arrival can be delayed if the fog is too thick to go under the bridge or navigate the bay.

We were off the ship at just before 8 AM and we were in the very first group allowed off.

In terms of the DR menu the night to avoid is night 3. First night is always prime rib, 2nd night is formal night with tenderloin, escargot, duck. Night 4 was lobster night and also prime rib. The last night was NY strip steak, turkey. Night 3 has the turkey tenderloin, a pasta, shoulder of beef, a vegan dish. I couldn't convince my crew to go to Portofino so I ordered the Chops 10 oz. filet, baked potato, and veg. It was great!!That's the night to eat somewhere else. I also highly recommend the Seaview Cafe on the back of Deck 12 for lunch. Everything is cooked to order and the food is very good.

I thought the weakest night on the menu was the first night. Very casual and American fare. Also, Chops is usually dead on the first night (well with my past cruises it has been). When I made my reservation for chops on the first day at 6pm, the seating was wide open.

Found SeaView on the next to last day and loved the food, wish I would have found it earlier in the sailing.

Lobster on the 4th night (cept last wks sailing cause Thanksgiving fell on the 4th night and they moved lobster to the 5th night).

I thought the weakest night on the menu was the first night. Very casual and American fare. Also, Chops is usually dead on the first night (well with my past cruises it has been). When I made my reservation for chops on the first day at 6pm, the seating was wide open.

Found SeaView on the next to last day and loved the food, wish I would have found it earlier in the sailing.

Lobster on the 4th night (cept last wks sailing cause Thanksgiving fell on the 4th night and they moved lobster to the 5th night).

Good... I was told by RCCL pre-planner that the Portofino's wine and dine- dinner and wine tasting was the first night, so I won't feel I am missing anything...

The Seaview Cafe is a must do on the radiance class ships which havent been refurbished. Its a real shame they are taking this Jewel from us and are replacing it with a pay extra restaurant Sambas... So take advantage of this great little cafe while you can...:) I love this cafe so much my next cruise is booked on the Jewel in Dec....of course the Diamonds in Dec. promo helped me go for this ship sooner than later:D

What is the Portofino Wine & Dine? Additional cost??

Haven't done it yet, but it's on all Radiance class ships and the newer ones I think. RCCL has a dessciption. It's a wine tasting with a meal that's been set to compliment the wine that comes with it. a 4 to 5 course dinner, they have a sample menu which I understand should be the one they are doing. It's 54.50 a person all but the salad has a wine and they talk about it a little too, again from what I understand...

• 4 weeks later...
Hi - I found these Cruise Compasses from Oct 2010 - Radiance of the Seas 5 day cruise out of Tampa, FL - was told that the schedule of events is similar to that on Jewel's 5 day. Hope these help!

http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a465/cruisinmomx2/

Someone posted the Jewel ones on here somewhere and they were pretty accurate. I also have them. I think the Radiance ones were a little off as i had printed them.

Archived