Glory tours

ju ju

Has anyone had more money taken from credit card than stated on the booking form?

I made a reservation and it stated that $25 per person would be debited. To my horror 2 transactions adding up to £ 600 was taken (should have been $125). I have managed to get £277 back so far and no response for last 3 days. Just wondering if its a common theme or not.

thank you for that....lets hope its honest but odd how 2 different amounts were taken from my account. their explanation was that the first payment didn't go through so the did it again, however they were for very different amounts. Will be phoning my bank in the morning to start proceedings....

hi ju ju

i wish you best of luck. i've tried contacting Glory tours for the last 2 weeks sending numerous emails and calling with no avail. Just always get automated email responses saying someone respond back in 24 hrs (but of course no one ever does). Can never get thru on the phone.

I really wanted to book them based on years of positive reviews on these boards, but I exeperinced the same lack of success with them 3 yrs ago and I thought maybe i would give them another try this year. Guess it's just not meant to be.

So I'm taking my business elsewhere - Cameron Reid responded promptly to my emails and was willing to match Glory tour prices.

hi ju ju

i wish you best of luck. i've tried contacting Glory tours for the last 2 weeks sending numerous emails and calling with no avail. Just always get automated email responses saying someone respond back in 24 hrs (but of course no one ever does). Can never get thru on the phone.

I really wanted to book them based on years of positive reviews on these boards, but I exeperinced the same lack of success with them 3 yrs ago and I thought maybe i would give them another try this year. Guess it's just not meant to be.

So I'm taking my business elsewhere - Cameron Reid responded promptly to my emails and was willing to match Glory tour prices.

Can you provide contact information for Cameron Reid?

Thanks- Mary

I booked a tour with Glory earlier this month and received a confirmation that I had paid a deposit of $50 with a balance due of $90.

My credit card provider shows a charge of $140.70

I have tried for two weeks now to contact Sarah at Glory Tours and have been ignored.

My next step is to contact the Fraud Department of my credit card provider and challenge the entire charge and stop payment.

While I have never done a tour yet, I have a private tour booked, and Sarah the owner has been nothing but responsive usually no more than 48 hours.

She comes across as honest and my whole tour is prepaid being private--the credit card did have a small overage, but that is conversion rate credit cards charge not Glory Tours themselves. Perhaps with the holiday or wind they are having communication issues?

Have you used the phone number listed? Best wishes in getting answers.

I've had a couple of emails from Sarah, since explaining that I have made problems public... but despite promises.. no money in my account and a "tour pass" stating that I have just paid deposit of $125 with a balanc to pay!!!

:confused:

I've had a couple of emails from Sarah, since explaining that I have made problems public... but despite promises.. no money in my account and a "tour pass" stating that I have just paid deposit of $125 with a balanc to pay!!!

:confused:

best of luck getting it straightend out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I booked a tour with Glory earlier this month and received a confirmation that I had paid a deposit of $50 with a balance due of $90.

My credit card provider shows a charge of $140.70

I have tried for two weeks now to contact Sarah at Glory Tours and have been ignored.

My next step is to contact the Fraud Department of my credit card provider and challenge the entire charge and stop payment.

Hi Tip & Ju Ju,

I also had a similar experience with promises and no action from Glory Tours, and am now getting my credit card company involved. Did Sarah ever resolve your over charge problems, or was it resolved by the credit card fraud divisions?

Hi Tip & Ju Ju,

I also had a similar experience with promises and no action from Glory Tours, and am now getting my credit card company involved. Did Sarah ever resolve your over charge problems, or was it resolved by the credit card fraud divisions?

After far too many e-mails and a phone call from Sarah, the problem was indeed resolved without my having to go to my credit card carrier. I was given the proper credit and now look forward to our tour which is coming up soon. At this time, I am willing to give Sarah the benefit of making an honest mistake, however I shall pay the balance in cash on the day of my tour!;)

Thanks Tip,

I turned my claim over to the Credit Card dispute department this morning. They indicated that I should get my credit in 7 to 10 days, after I faxed them all the e-mails and initial contract. I toured with Glory Tours in 2010, and had a great time. I'll still be trying to get Sarah to respond, and see if we will still tour with them this time as well. However, I am not very hopeful.

I hope that your tour works out for you.

Make that 4 people!!

Luckily we checked our credit card before we left and it showed a double billing of the deposit. We emailed Sarah 2 days ago about the problem and so far no response! We leave in 4 days. We are going to take our card statement with us and will only pay in cash what is left after this double billing. Hope we do not have any more problems when we get there.

We are going to be in Barbados in March for several days before our cruise.

I had been considering one or two of the Glory tours, but this string is enough to tell me to look to another company for a tour.

Art

I have booked a private van tour with Glory Tours for April, 2012 and I am looking forward to it. So far, I have had no problems in my dealings with Glory Tours.

Sarah has been great to work with and responded to several e-mails that I sent her with questions before booking the tour.

I made my reservation by filling out the forms on the website, but called her on the phone to give her my credit card number (I had asked her in my e-mail if that would be okay). I'm just one of those old-fashioned people who is hesitant to use my credit card online.

When I called her to give her my credit card number, I got an answering machine and left my name and phone number and a brief message asking her to call me for my credit card information. She called me back the same day and we completed the transaction on the phone.

I received my e-mail confirmation for the tour within 15 minutes and the deposit amount was correct. There was a tour voucher attached that included details of the tour (including deposit amount, balance due, pick-up time, meeting point, etc.) which needs to be presented to the tour driver on the day of the trip. I have since received my credit card bill, which contained no errors for the deposit amount.

I plan to pay cash for the balance of the trip and anticipate no problems regarding payment due since I will have the trip voucher in hand that day.

Although I don't know the reasons why some people have experienced problems, I just thought that I'd share my positive experience so far with Glory Tours.

I have booked a private van tour with Glory Tours for April, 2012 and I am looking forward to it. So far, I have had no problems in my dealings with Glory Tours.

Sarah has been great to work with and responded to several e-mails that I sent her with questions before booking the tour.

I made my reservation by filling out the forms on the website, but called her on the phone to give her my credit card number (I had asked her in my e-mail if that would be okay). I'm just one of those old-fashioned people who is hesitant to use my credit card online.

When I called her to give her my credit card number, I got an answering machine and left my name and phone number and a brief message asking her to call me for my credit card information. She called me back the same day and we completed the transaction on the phone.

I received my e-mail confirmation for the tour within 15 minutes and the deposit amount was correct. There was a tour voucher attached that included details of the tour (including deposit amount, balance due, pick-up time, meeting point, etc.) which needs to be presented to the tour driver on the day of the trip. I have since received my credit card bill, which contained no errors for the deposit amount.

I plan to pay cash for the balance of the trip and anticipate no problems regarding payment due since I will have the trip voucher in hand that day.

Although I don't know the reasons why some people have experienced problems, I just thought that I'd share my positive experience so far with Glory Tours.

We also handled it the same way, and will be using Sarah in March for tour. So far, nothing but quick response, and accurate billing. Will post review after March cruise.

I submitted a request for a tour with Glory tours, giving my credit card details for the deposit. Sarah emailed,back saying my card had,been declined. I contacted my bank who said that nothing had been declined on my account. I. Emailed Sarah to ask her to,put it through again, or give me her bank details so I could deposit it into her account.

Two days later my credit card statement arrived showing the deposit had gone through, a few days prior to Sarah stating my card had been declined.

I have sent 3 emails to the 3 different addresses listed for glory tours. no response. Tomorrow I will be contacting the bank to,put a stop on the payment and will book with another company.

We used Glory tours on the 01-08-12 Caribbean Princess from San Juan. It was a more like a taxi ride around the island. When our Tour guide talked, he was facing forward with no mic, we could not understand him. When we were at a site, he did not explain what we were seeing. Then he did not want to take us to the beach. We talked him into dropping us off. He did come back for us. Great taxi ride, but a bad tour.

We have used Glory Tours twice in the past 3 years. Last month we enjoyed with our roll call members a tour that Sarah and I had worked on which was a modification of one of her stock tours. I hope I am not betraying a confidence but Sarah has had some health issues since the beginning of the year and this has rather slowed down her communications, I am inclined to believe that she will sort out the issues if people are just a bit patient with her.

We have used Glory Tours twice in the past 3 years. Last month we enjoyed with our roll call members a tour that Sarah and I had worked on which was a modification of one of her stock tours. I hope I am not betraying a confidence but Sarah has had some health issues since the beginning of the year and this has rather slowed down her communications, I am inclined to believe that she will sort out the issues if people are just a bit patient with her.

We have a private tour booked with Sarah in March, can you describe where you met her? We are familiar with barbados and walking out past gates and taxi area. Is she after securty exit and as exit on right or left?

I hope her health improves and can continue to offer private tours.

We have a private tour booked with Sarah in March, can you describe where you met her? We are familiar with barbados and walking out past gates and taxi area. Is she after securty exit and as exit on right or left?

I hope her health improves and can continue to offer private tours.

It will all be described in the confirmation you receive from her. But you go thru the terminal building, past the tour buses and taxis and out thru the security gates. Once outside the gates you will see a traffic circle with a grass island in the middle and that is where you will meet Sarah or one of her guides.

Archived