Flying in same day of cruise help!!!!

MrsDannyNew

You have more than enough time. Don't fool with a limo and driver, just get a cab and save at least $50. You are going to be at the port before they even start boarding.

Where can you get a cab for $50? Limo is $100 incl tip

Estimated Fare & Tip:

$85.85

Estimated using Miami, FL taxi rates. The trip is 26.3 mi and will take 42 mins. This fare estimate includes a 15% tip.*

Welcome to the Miami Taxi Fare Finder. This page will calculate your cab fare using Miami taxi rates. To begin, enter your travel information in the fields provided below. All results are estimates and may vary depending on external factors such as traffic and weather.

Notes:

• Tolls & surcharges may apply
  • Miami, FL rates used
  • In Miami, tipping is customary.
  • From MIA, check flat rates.
  • Airport: $2.00 Surcharge for all trips originating at MIA and Port of Miami

Approximate Breakdownupcaret.png

Initial Fare$2.50Add. Metered Fare$72.15Tip (15%)$11.20Estimated Taxi Fare$85.85*Additional charges may apply

You shouldn't have any problems.

It's about 45 mins. from FLL to POM.

We always use www.ridesas.com to get from FLL to Miami. It's possible to ask the driver to stop at a store. If everyone else in the van is okay with it, he'll probably stop somewhere for you.

Or you can take a cab, which is expensive. But you can go where you want.

Or you can rent a car at FLL and drop it somewhere in Miami. Usually the car rental agencies have a shuttle to the port.

this is exactly what we did. flew in to FLL and hired SAS for transport. It was great. The airport is not that far from POM you will have plenty of time.

At least you're not flying Bahamasair! If that were the case, I would say no way will you make it! You should be fine......have a great cruise :cool:

Ohh no way Hosea will I ever try and fly Bahamasair the morning my cruise is suppose to leave.. I usually give them the benefit of the doubt but not this time:rolleyes:

Not to freak you out, OP, but air travel being what it is, anything can foul up a good plan.

We were delayed at Trudeau Airport (Montreal) not because of snow, wind, or sleet - but because there was not enough ground crew working to handle the all the aircraft that day. We made our cruise, but only landed at MIA at 2:10 pm or so. There were 8 of us, and we reserved the Carnival shuttle transfer, so they knew we were running late. Too close for comfort!

:eek: I think I would have past out woke up and then past out again.. that was really nerve wrecking.. Im sure you must have had a double dose of DOD's once u got onboard;)

:eek: I think I would have past out woke up and then past out again.. that was really nerve wrecking.. Im sure you must have had a double dose of DOD's once u got onboard;)

...and this was our first cruise! Yes, we were very happy to finally get on the ship and chug down some DOD's! To top it all off, we almost missed our flight home too! We took the South Beach excursion after our cruise, and were very late getting to the airport. The Air Canada counter people were NOT amused. We all made it, and still laugh about it today :)

...and this was our first cruise! Yes, we were very happy to finally get on the ship and chug down some DOD's! To top it all off, we almost missed our flight home too! We took the South Beach excursion after our cruise, and were very late getting to the airport. The Air Canada counter people were NOT amused. We all made it, and still laugh about it today :)

Wow what a first time experience.. Well as long as you were on the ship when it set sailed thats all that mattered!

Lesson learned...we're flying in a day early for our next cruise - and leaving the day after our cruise.

Happy cruising to you!

That's exactly what we do.

On our last cruise we had a connecting flight through Detroit. The connecting plane was 4 hours late coming out of Baltimore. We didn't get into Miami until after midnight. No shuttles, very few taxis. The guy that picked us up normally did the longer runs, but the airport taxi dude made him take us to a close by hotel. That taxi driver was pissed. He practically tossed our luggage on the curb...then stuck his hand out for a tip. I gave him $5 and he just looked at me like I was nuts, I gave him another $5 just cause he looked like he was gonna go off.

That's exactly what we do.

On our last cruise we had a connecting flight through Detroit. The connecting plane was 4 hours late coming out of Baltimore. We didn't get into Miami until after midnight. No shuttles, very few taxis. The guy that picked us up normally did the longer runs, but the airport taxi dude made him take us to a close by hotel. That taxi driver was pissed. He practically tossed our luggage on the curb...then stuck his hand out for a tip. I gave him $5 and he just looked at me like I was nuts, I gave him another $5 just cause he looked like he was gonna go off.

Wow his rudeness didnt merit a tip!

Where can you get a cab for $50? Limo is $100 incl tip

Estimated Fare & Tip:

$85.85

Estimated using Miami, FL taxi rates. The trip is 26.3 mi and will take 42 mins. This fare estimate includes a 15% tip.*

Welcome to the Miami Taxi Fare Finder. This page will calculate your cab fare using Miami taxi rates. To begin, enter your travel information in the fields provided below. All results are estimates and may vary depending on external factors such as traffic and weather.

Notes:

• Tolls & surcharges may apply
  • Miami, FL rates used
  • In Miami, tipping is customary.
  • From MIA, check flat rates.
  • Airport: $2.00 Surcharge for all trips originating at MIA and Port of Miami

Approximate Breakdownupcaret.png

Initial Fare$2.50Add. Metered Fare$72.15Tip (15%)$11.20Estimated Taxi Fare$85.85*Additional charges may apply

Thank you cruisecruisecruise2011 this breakdown certainly helps

Archived