So few summer Caribbean cruise options?

Cmac3

We are researching another summer Caribbean cruise on RCL after a fantastic experience to western Caribbean on Mariner of the Seas a couple of years ago. I am disappointed at the lack of cruising options in late June to mid-July (my vacation time) 2012 with RCL where we can go to places other than Falmouth, Cozumel and Haiti. We live in Virginia and would prefer a departure port from Baltimore to Port Canaveral or Tampa. We would go with another cruise line, but have heard that we wouldn't be satisfied with Carnival after cruising with RCL and Princess. Any suggestions for a warm-weather summer cruise? Thanks!

We live in Tampa and wish RCCL would keep a ship here all summer. They usually have some small ships in Canaveral and Oasis and Allure have been running out of Ft Lauderdale all summer.

WE tried a Carnival out of Tampa last August. We'll only do that ONCE.

Happy Cruising!

We are researching another summer Caribbean cruise on RCL after a fantastic experience to western Caribbean on Mariner of the Seas a couple of years ago. I am disappointed at the lack of cruising options in late June to mid-July (my vacation time) 2012 with RCL where we can go to places other than Falmouth, Cozumel and Haiti. We live in Virginia and would prefer a departure port from Baltimore to Port Canaveral or Tampa. We would go with another cruise line, but have heard that we wouldn't be satisfied with Carnival after cruising with RCL and Princess. Any suggestions for a warm-weather summer cruise? Thanks!

The trick to sailing on Carnival is managing expectations. I've not had a bad experience with them. True - they don't have all the bells and whistles, but I don't use most of them anyway. Service was good, food was good, room stewards were good.

Some ships don't sail Carib in summer because of hurricane season?

I highly recommend the 7-day Eastern caribbean cruise on Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Freedom is bigger and better than the Mariner and it visits Coco Cay, the cruise line's tiny island in the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Martin. We had a great time!

We live in Tampa and wish RCCL would keep a ship here all summer. \

I agree! A Radiance class ship ALL YEAR in TPA please! :D

Which Carnival cruise did you take out of Tampa? I was looking at the Legend 7 day and have heard pretty good things about that ship? :confused:

There really aren't many options. Oasis, Allure, and Freedom. That's pretty much it.

Don't forget the Enchantment out of Baltimore. Though, it's not doing the Caribbean in summer 2012, only Bermuda and New England.

There really aren't many options. Oasis, Allure, and Freedom. That's pretty much it.

Thats correct!

Leaving out of Port Liberty, NJ might be an option.

I am not sure what the itineraries are but you can

check it out on the RC website.

Explorer has Bermuda I believe

All other ports are all Carnival ships

Archived