3/27 Western

paws223

We have been on 8 cruises and four lines Just had to write about the most

unpleasant cruise we have taken.

First it was our mistake to book a cruiase on school vacation week, with

over 600 children on board it was hard to have a good time.

Children occupying the bars and smoking

Children playing on the elevators, pushing all button before the get off

Dining room food was cold and overdone

We had first seating at 5:45, people were still arriving at 6:15, 6:30. No

one was turned away. Why bother with seating and times

The only day the pools could be used was the tour days, overrun by kids

Complaints to the staff meant a comment in the daily program, nothing else.

The alternative dining room was terrific

Breakfast in the dining room was terrific

The ship is beautiful

Will we cruise Costa again, NO!!!

"First it was our mistake to book a cruiase on school vacation week, with

over 600 children on board it was hard to have a good time."

Sheeeeze.....What do you expect on Spring Break? If you don't like kids and families Costa is probably not for you.

We went on on the Med in mid-Feb. and at times found it almost boring. It seemed more like a senior citizen cruise. I can handle the kids, I have 4 - ages 21 down to 3. They don't expect anything. Some of the rudest and most obnoxious passengers I witnessed were seniors who expected too much pampering.

We also cruised with our son and it was great. Just because it's spring break that allows them to act like they have no manners or respect, when young teenagers are sitting in bars and smoking, well that is a problem. Costa seemed to ignore any issue. Our room key was not coded when we went onboard our personal cards were not coded. Had to stand in line for an hour to register my credit card, is Costa still in the dark ages. Every other line takes care of that at the dock before boarding, even the Delta queen riverboat.

Like I said, to each his own, I did not have anywhere near as enjoyable a trip on Costa as the other lines, especially the food.

I choose not to try Costa again!! My perrogative, my opinion

did someone tell ya about two out-of-control SENIOR citizens had physical fight on ship.

someone else had to call security guard.

one of the senior citizens yelled F-word.

all happend before the main show started.

yea, they need parents to pay attention to...

Hate to say this, but I had the same problem on the LEGEND OF THE SEAS (RCCL) last sprint when I cruised over Labor Day. And a few years back, I had the same problem on a Celebrity cruise over a holiday (my cruising partner is a teacher, so we often have to cruise on school breaks!). I don't think it is specific to one cruise company.

You are allowed up to 48 hours to handle the credit card registration on Costa --- you don't get that with the other cruise lines. I waited til the next day, went to the Customer Service Desk and it was handled in less than 5 minutes. Didn't stop me from getting drinks, etc., before it was registered.

The problem with electronic cards happens at a lot of hotels in addition to cruise ships. It's the nature of the beast with anything electronic involving computers. Sometimes it works and sometimes something blows a hole in it. Happened to me on a prior cruise and it didn't take all that long to get it fixed. Still safer and more secure than the old lock and key systems, which is why I like it.

If one is looking for a reason to gripe, one can generally find it. I go on cruises to have a good time ---- I leave my doom and gloom cape at home and go with the flow. If something happens, I get it fixed and move on. People are complaining about the QM2 too --- so it doesn't matter how much you pay for a cruise --- it can be good or bad --- dependent upon how we personally decide to take it. Most times folks want to help if approached pleasantly--- and that's enough for me.

"First it was our mistake to book a cruiase on school vacation week, with

over 600 children on board it was hard to have a good time."

Sheeeeze.....What do you expect on Spring Break? If you don't like kids and families Costa is probably not for you.

Had over 700 kids on the 3/12/05 sailing on the Caribbean Princess ... you never would've known it.

Archived