Ft.Lauderdale/Hotel/Parking/Shuttle

CruisinCanine

After exploring various boards/threads here, am I correct in saying there are no hotels close to Port that offers shuttle(free or minimum) and will keep the car after staying a night for a nominal cost in a secure lot(free or minimum) during the duration of my cruise?

Depends on what your definition of "close to the port" is. There are several hotels near the airport, along I-95, that offer park and stay packages. 2 that I just had a look at are the Courtyard and the Fairfield Inn & Suites, which both have packages for around $170. The Hilton Garden Inn and the Hyatt Place South, one exit south on 95 at Stirling also have park and stay packages. Other hotels in this area might as well.

Alternatively, you might be able to find yourself a hotel deal on Hotwire or Priceline, and then just pay to park at Park N Go or Park N Fly, which will run you about $70 for your cruise. They run shuttles continuously from the port, and are located just off the end of I-595, right outside the Eller Dr entrance to the port.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express (Ft Lauderdale Airport/Cruise on State Rd 84) before our cruise. They do have a shuttle to the airport, but charge $8 a person, so a taxi may be cheaper. You may leave your car at the hotel during the cruise. The price is $10 a day to park your car in their parking lot.

Actually there are lots of hotels that offer 7 nights parking and shuttles and breakfast, at no extra charge. But I don't know of any of these hotels having a secure lot. The lots that I know of that are staffed are staffed because they collect parking fees upon exit, so they wouldn't offer free parking during the cruise.The Renaissance Fort Lauderdale sometimes offers a reasonable package that includes cruise parking and it is in a very nice neighborhood with a parking garage. Unless they also include a free shuttle, just take a cab for $10. If your ship leaves from terminal 2 you can even walk there.

Archived