Any teens on board on the summer sailings?

Giskard

Are there generally any teens on board on the June/July sailings? I know the ship isn't designed for kids and doesn't have the usual kids stuff. Really that doesn't concern me that much as our son is very independent and mature and would be getting ready to enter his senior year in high school having already taken college courses this school year. I'm more concerned about spending the money to take him and having him be bored out of his skull when we are on the ship.

Truely this is supposed to be mine and DH's special trip. But we are realizing the days DS will be traveling with us in the future are limited which makes planning a two week or more trip without him while he is still willing and able to travel with us is hard......

Trip is currently booked with just me and DH with 2 night pre cruise at the IC in Tahiti and 3 night post at the IC in Moorea in an OWB.

So those of you that are very familiar with this part of the world and this ship, please give me your thoughts.

Thanks!

P.s.. we will be taking him back to Europe in 2013 as part of his graduation so maybe he doesn't need to tag along on this one?

The first two of our 5 visits were in late May and June. On each of thos cruises there were a couple of young people, late teens and early twenties. Two other cruises were Oct. and Feb and I don't recall any young people on those cruises. On our last trip this November there were some young folks on board who appeared to be Tahitians. If your youngster is into snorkeling, he will have a good time regardless. If he is expecting to party the night away, he will be disappointed.

Another thought is that they do a SCUBA program on the PG. If he has interest in that he will be pretty busy too.

Having said all this, I think you should leave your son home and enjoy yourselves.

Archived