Nachi Cocom and Mr. Sanchos in Cozmuel

mefromfl

Hi,

I wasn't wondering if anyone been here? I'm in a manual wheelchair. I was wondering if this place is accessible. If they have alot sidewalks and the push isn't so far through the sand to certain chairs etc.

Thanks in advance for your reply

I have been to Mr Sanchos. My DH was not with me. (He is the one in the WC) but what I can remeber it is pretty accessible. I dont remember any stairs. I do remember that is was a ramped walkway to the bathrooms. You dont even have to get in the sand to get a place to sit. They have table and chairs by the bar. We had a wonderful time there. Hope you do the same.

We have been to Nachi Cocum with a manual w/c. Arrive early to ensue a table around the pool, next to the bar and food concession. When entering the facility you may need a strong hand to push on a slightly rough terrain off to the right but it will lead to the pool deck best. Our DD is able to walk assisted a short distance and climb the stairs in the pool but the access to the beach is sandy. The pool deck has a great view of the ocean and beach. I would do it again.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if you have already taken your cruise by now? but here is our experience of nachi

we went to Nachi Com in 2010. The short lane to the resort is over uneven planks, but staff will help you to push the wheelchair. Access from the pool/dining area to the sand , is down 2 or 3 steps. Thee staff would be able to manhandle the wheelchair to the sunbeds if you are unable to leave the wheelchair. let them know when booking how much help you may require.

A better option, in my opinion, would be Paradise beach . The access from the parking lot to the huge pool ,bar/restaurant /washrooms is flat. However, there are no wooden boardwalks across the beach for the wheelchair but if you are able to do a few steps, the back row of deckchairs are approx. 5 steps across the sand.

The other advantages of Paradise ( although nothing to do with mobility) is that it is nearer to the port than Nachi and no need to prebook. Admission, which includes sunbed and shade ,is us2 p.p. A lot cheaper than Nachi if you are not a big drinker. Look out for the heavy commission for using a credit card though. Paradise may also be more crowded than Nachi if many ships are in, as Nachi limits the number of people.

We preferred Paradise overall.

Archived