Voyager

taminark

From what I've heard on these boards they are having big time traffic problems so I would say the eariler the better.

We are sailing out of NOLA on the 10th of Dec.

We plan to get to the pier area by 10 or 10:30 I'd rather have to wait there then in traffic.

Boarding has been quoted as 11:30 to 12 noon.

We are going on the voyager in a few weeks. What time should we arrive at the pier in new Orleans? We are in a suite. When will they start letting us go onboard?

Look through the pages or search Voyager for lots of threads on the problems they are having with boarding at this port. It sounds like the best plan is to arrive late -- 1pm or so -- if you want to avoid the lines and hassles of waiting in traffic to park and unload luggage.

We just got off the Voyager. Check-in was a breeze. Departure was a little chaotic, but, not enough to concern myself with.

Thanks for the info. I'm curious about the arrival situation. Did you arrive via taxi? If so, what time and how was the traffic? Posters from previous weeks have mentioned waiting in traffic for an hour.

Bob

We took the transfer option when we bought the airline tickets. I don't think there would have been any significant difference had we taken a cab.

Just guessing that your transfer was a bus, and that you did not have to handle your luggage at the terminal. From what I've read, finding porters who will take the luggage at the terminal is one of the problems with taxi drop offs. Thanks for the feedback.

Bob

Just guessing that your transfer was a bus, and that you did not have to handle your luggage at the terminal. From what I've read, finding porters who will take the luggage at the terminal is one of the problems with taxi drop offs. Thanks for the feedback.

Bob

There seemed to be plenty of porters available, but, yes, you are correct we arrived by bus. The bus dropped us right at the baggage collection point, so it was super easy in that regard.

Archived