Favorite Beach

Milwaukee Girl

• Taxi $15 from port plus tip
  • Radisson (Palm Beach) day pass for two $36 - the day pass gave us a palapa, two lounges, two towels, beach service, access to clean bathrooms, use of all pools, and the most important thing...when the rain started to pour (and it did pour), hotel security was in place to stop people who did not belong to the hotel from entering the hotel. We showed our day pass card and breezed by security.
  • Concierge called a taxi for us to return to the port. (FYI - taxi won't take you if you're damp...was told that if the seat was damp we would have to pay $50 extra to compensate him for lost fares.
  • The beach was very clean. Nice shells if you're a collector...a starfish washed up on shore...it was still allive so we put it back in the surf.

For those who think $36 is pricey...the beach vendor was $35 for two not so nice chairs, a beach umbrella, and a float...public bathrooms were at the Dunkin Donuts.

Go early, as availablity depends on how full the hotel is. We emailed in well in advance and again before we left Fort Lauderdale, to confirm,we would have access to he facility.

We spent five wonderful hours on the beach...and plan to go back next February with my eldest son and his girlfriend.

Do you have reservations or just walk in for a day pass?

I just spent the day on Eagle Beach in Aruba at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Bar(food and service were second to none) while on the Emerald, my lawn chair was $10 all day on a beach and water that were GREAT!!! The chicken pannini sandwich with goat cheese GRILLED and fries for $10 was AWESOME!! Drank Amstel "Brights" all day on Eagle Beach, Aruba just keeps getting better one of my FAVORITE islands, ummm thats why Im going back next year to the SAME SPOT.;)

Took the city bus roundtrip for $2.60 only way to go. Wonderful day on Aruba for a very reasonable price, on your way back stop in Iguana Joe's head upstairs to the bar and drink "several mojito's" cant drink just one. Aruba best time ever, nothing but fun. Took this airbrushed to oblivion bus with no windows and ALL stereo back to town never laughed so hard in my life, me I hate leaving that island. Hope that helps Todd

Did you girlfriend or wife agree with your assessment?

Archived