Poll: do you like the new Lattitudes program

smeyer418

Do you like the new Lattitudes program?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Lattitudes program?

• love it is great
    • its okay
    • I hate it
    • they should have added an additional level(platinum plus)
    • other

I find these results interesting to date, considering how much controversy this has cause on the 2 active threads on this subject.

Why are you surprised? The vast majority of people on this board gained because of the changes. Of course the results of the poll are over-whelmingly positive. I knew they would be as soon as I saw the categories...

Why are you surprised? The vast majority of people on this board gained because of the changes. Of course the results of the poll are over-whelmingly positive. I knew they would be as soon as I saw the categories...

I think I stated why I was surprised " considering how much controversy this has cause on the 2 active threads on this subject."

So since that sentence wasn't clear to you, I will try to rephrase it. On the other 2 active threads there is a lot of issues, concern, griping, complaints (whatever word someone wishes to use) about the fact that there isn't another level after platinum. Therefore I would have thought that would be the way this poll would swing. Leaving me surprised that it was not at least closer between those 2 choices.

I think I stated why I was surprised " considering how much controversy this has cause on the 2 active threads on this subject."

So since that sentence wasn't clear to you, I will try to rephrase it. On the other 2 active threads there is a lot of issues, concern, griping, complaints (whatever word someone wishes to use) about the fact that there isn't another level after platinum. Therefore I would have thought that would be the way this poll would swing. Leaving me surprised that it was not at least closer between those 2 choices.

But, the people concerned about the lack of an additional level or two was way in the minority compared to the people that were Jonesed about reaching higher levels is less time.

The only people (other than those who take one or two day cruises to nowhere) who are likely to be displeased are those who are already platinum. Virtually everyone else gets to advance levels more quickly under the new system. Since there are undoubtedly far fewer platinum members than the total of bronze, silver and gold members, it's quite natural for the results of the poll to show a favorable reaction to the new program.

The only people (other than those who take one or two day cruises to nowhere) who are likely to be displeased are those who are already platinum. Virtually everyone else gets to advance levels more quickly under the new system. Since there are undoubtedly far fewer platinum members than the total of bronze, silver and gold members, it's quite natural for the results of the poll to show a favorable reaction to the new program.

Actually what you quoted was just answering a question that was asked of me. She asked, I answered.

My original quote was just my own personal statement that these results were not what I was expecting to see. It wasn't an opinion, I wasn't disputing the results of this poll, nor was I looking for anyone to agree or disagree with me. It was more of a "gee, isn't this a nice surprise to me"

In regards to what you say above, you may be very correct and you do make complete sense. I may have been reading the same posters' comments said in 5 different ways and not really paid much attention to who the poster was making each comment, to make me think I was reading more negative than I was positive on these other threads. And considering the one thread is well over 450 posts, I don't think I'll be going back to re-read any time soon to see if this was the case. ;)

Seriously, my post was not that exciting or worthy of this much attention it was just an observation I made.

When I try to do this, it just keeps saying his number is already associated with a booking, then to log into that, which I do, and it only shows my info, frustrating!

My husband and I are both registered, so perhaps it is just a glitch since you have existing bookings. The only ones who can straighten it out is NCL. Can't hurt to give them a call. After all, there's no guarantee that you will always travel together or always book under your latitudes number, so rightfully you both are entitled to have a MyNCL profile.

Do you also get extra points for mini-suite?

Do you like the new benefit levels?

How do I earn rewards points?

With rewards points, every night counts, so you earn more with each cruise you take.

Earn 1 point for every cruise night Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Suite or in The Haven Earn 1 additional point per night when booking nine months or more in advance Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer

Membership Tiers

Tier Points Bronze 1-19 points Silver 20-47 points Gold 48-75 points Platinum 76+ points

BTW let me add a warning that I selected the option that shows your vote....

Actually what you quoted was just answering a question that was asked of me. She asked, I answered.

My original quote was just my own personal statement that these results were not what I was expecting to see. It wasn't an opinion, I wasn't disputing the results of this poll, nor was I looking for anyone to agree or disagree with me. It was more of a "gee, isn't this a nice surprise to me"

In regards to what you say above, you may be very correct and you do make complete sense. I may have been reading the same posters' comments said in 5 different ways and not really paid much attention to who the poster was making each comment, to make me think I was reading more negative than I was positive on these other threads. And considering the one thread is well over 450 posts, I don't think I'll be going back to re-read any time soon to see if this was the case. ;)

Seriously, my post was not that exciting or worthy of this much attention it was just an observation I made.

LOL :p... But , you must know by now that in lieu of something serious or controversial these boards can pick apart darn near anything. No matter the topic :D

Its like the two vultures sitting on a wire , one looks to the other and says . " The heck with this Im bored lets kill something " ....

lol :p... But , you must know by now that in lieu of something serious or controversial these boards can pick apart darn near anything. No matter the topic :d

its like the two vultures sitting on a wire , one looks to the other and says . " the heck with this im bored lets kill something " ....

lol :d.

Do you also get extra points for mini-suite?

Well now thats an interesting question. Some have had their mini-suite counted as a full suite other they were counted as a cabin. Some feel this is a mistake made by NCL on counting them as a suite and will be eventually corrected. I don't recall seeing an official answer on this one.

I'm not really caring how many cruisers NCL decides to make platinum, ultra-platinum or plutonium.

Given the example on the NCL site, if you book 7 night, suite, in-advance, blah blah, you can become platinum after your second cruise, hardly a valid loyalty program.

It would be like GM calling you a loyal customer after you purchase your second GM car in a 20 year period.

If you check the FAG`s on your MY NCL log in page and under latitudes benefits it states that mini-suites don`t get the extra points.

People you do realize that one of the lures of the new program is to get you to cruise with NCl more often and to get you to book earlier which means for those that don`t use a Cruise Rewards certificate that NCL will have your money on deposit longer thereby generating a little more investment revenue.

Cheers

Dennis

I like this program because I moved from silver to gold overnight and will go to platinum in February. It looks like it will mean a fruit basket on my next cruise, then chocolate covered strawberries, a free dinner with wine, a free bottle of sparkling wine and free laundry after that. Since I have to travel across the country for most cruises, I like to do b2bs, which makes me happy with the laundry perk.

That said, I voted "other" in the poll because I'd like to see a fare discount offered to loyal cruisers. They give discounts to AARP members, military and vets (on some cruises) and people who use certain credit cards. Why not to platinum or "platinum-plus"? Just one person's opinion.

Larry

People you do realize that one of the lures of the new program is to get you to cruise with NCl more often and to get you to book earlier which means for those that don`t use a Cruise Rewards certificate that NCL will have your money on deposit longer thereby generating a little more investment revenue.

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis, i hope you don't mind that I am asking you, but how do you think NCL should/will handle the cruises those of us, like you and I already have booked, that are more than nine months from now? I have given this some thought and I were asked to give my opinion I would say that the magic date should be 9/5/12. That if anyone has a cruise booked NOW for after that date we should receive the bonus because that will now be available to anyone under the new Latitudes program. In other words, anyone could book your Oct 12 cruise or my March 2013 cruise next week and get the bonus.

Now, I don't think anything booked more than nine months out before 9/5/12 should because it would be before the Latitudes re-launch, and therefore not available to anyone.

Does this make sense? Do you (and others) agree? And NCL, are you listening (hopefully)?

Thanks,

Just happened to ask you because you were the first one I saw "in the same boat" with me.

BTW, I am sitting at 47 points, one shy of gold. My next one already booked is 11 day in a suite. I will have to see how 2012 shapes up. I'd love to squeeze one in, but I am in transition. (And I am rambling, sorry.)

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis, i hope you don't mind that I am asking you, but how do you think NCL should/will handle the cruises those of us, like you and I already have booked, that are more than nine months from now? I have given this some thought and I were asked to give my opinion I would say that the magic date should be 9/5/12. That if anyone has a cruise booked NOW for after that date we should receive the bonus because that will now be available to anyone under the new Latitudes program. In other words, anyone could book your Oct 12 cruise or my March 2013 cruise next week and get the bonus.

Now, I don't think anything booked more than nine months out before 9/5/12 should because it would be before the Latitudes re-launch, and therefore not available to anyone.

Does this make sense? Do you (and others) agree? And NCL, are you listening (hopefully)?

Thanks,

Just happened to ask you because you were the first one I saw "in the same boat" with me.

BTW, I am sitting at 47 points, one shy of gold. My next one already booked is 11 day in a suite. I will have to see how 2012 shapes up. I'd love to squeeze one in, but I am in transition. (And I am rambling, sorry.)

I was hoping they would give us credit for any future cruise we will take that has been booked 9 months previous. I have 10 future cruises booked on NCL and I would hate to have to cancel and re-book the 7 of those reservations that are at least 9 months out now. 99% of all my cruises were booked at least a year out.

I guess I'll find out for sure on 12/17 when I get off the JEWEL cruise which was booked a long time ago.

Got tequila, thanks for your reply. It is possible that NCL

won't give credit for cruises that will be taken now and in the next nine months. But for anything anyone can book NOW and qualify should translate over into any cruise already booked which if cancelled and rebooked would. I wish they would clarify this, which would save them some extra work.

Got tequila, thanks for your reply. It is possible that NCL

won't give credit for cruises that will be taken now and in the next nine months. But for anything anyone can book NOW and qualify should translate over into any cruise already booked which if cancelled and rebooked would. I wish they would clarify this, which would save them some extra work.

Maybe we'll have more official information on Monday when the program is released...lol

It looks like CC is acting weird again with the quotes all messing up...:rolleyes:

Margaret

Cheers

Dennis

Absolutely true....but for me, that isn't a negative thing.

With the exception of one of my 17 cruises, all were booked at least nine months in advance. My next cruise in April 2012, was booked in July of 2010.

I find better deals booking early :)

Would anyone be willing to post the new point system for Lattitudes program?

Since this will be my first cruise I not "technically" a member until after the cruise is complete.

Thanks!

1 cruise night = 1 point

1 cruise night in a suite or villa =2 points

1 cruise night on a sailing booked 9 months in advance prior to sailing = 1 additional point per night

1 cruise night on a sailing booked with monthly latitude insider offer promo code = 1 additional point per night

Bronze is 1-19 points

Silver is 20-47 points

Gold is 48-75 points

Platinum is 76+ points

Milestone "gifts" at 250, 500, 700 & 1000 Points

Archived