Things you wish you would have remembered...

teamdavis

I always forget to book a B2B and am so upset when they make me get off after only 7 days :D

It's posts like these that I wish there was a "Like" button! Sitting at my desk laughing and getting strange looks! :D

Clothes aren't usually the packing issue for me. It's all the incidentals. This girly girl needs lots of stuff. Makeup products, hair products, lotions, sunscreen, another sunscreen if one irritates me, hats, hair clips, you name it. All that stuff takes up room. My clothes are small and bikinis don't take up much space. ;)

After a particularly expensive lesson, I always pack a small sewing kit.

Three years ago, my DW was dressing for formal night, lost a button on something she was about to put on (can't recall what, but it was something vital), I rushed down to the on-board shop...they charged $12.95 (:eek:!!!) for a so-called "travel sewing kit" that would have been overpriced at 99 cents.

OMG LOL Thanks for reaffirming my decision to keep bringing it although I have not had to use it YET.:D

Admittedly, this was back in the days when the dollar was strong, but I remember we had some friends from the States who were joining us years ago on a Mediterranean cruise.

They came over to Barcelona with virtually nothing -- one or two changes of clothes and some essentials, and brought empty suitcases.

They purchased new clothes during the trip in Europe -- wore new clothes every day and went home with a new wardrobe.

We now do this the other way around. When we go to the States, because shopping there is much cheaper for us than it is in Europe, we go with near-empty suitcases, buy things along the way (even our toiletries), and then take them home to Europe.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Archived