Has anyone ever had a GOOD cruise on the NCL Crown?

kparam

I've sailed on NCL before and had a good time. We've booked a suite (AC) on the NCL Crown 13 day fall Caribbean cruise - especially for the ports. The reviews for recent cruises on the Crown have been horrible. Has anyone ever had a good cruise on this ship?

Thanks

Karen & Mike

[This message was edited by kparam on 04-25-04 at 09:31 PM.]

I had a wonderful cruise on the Crown. However, it was back in 2000, well before its refurbishment and institution of Freestyle dining. The cabins, in particular, were roomy especially compared to the other NCL ships that I have sailed (Sea, Sky and Dawn). Good luck with your cruise and keep in mind that negative reviews do not necessarily represent the opinions of the majority of cruisers who have been on any particular ship.

Yo-

We had a great cruise on the "Crown" - three and a half years ago-

We just got off the 04/04/04 - fourteen day "Crown" Canada/Colonial America cruise and it was VERY apparent that this ship and crew have been allowed to degenerate since returning to the NCL fleet (See my review at "Cruise Reviews" and the comments of my fellow passengers)-

We were in a "AC" Suite (great big-roomy stateroom) but everytime they cleaned the windows - they were were worse than before they were cleaned-however our steward Glorious-was the BEST we have ever had-

Hopefully NCL and the "Crown" will work things out by the time that you take your cruise-

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

Fairsea'86-Mexican Riviera
Stardancer'88-Mexican Riviera
Crown Odyssey'00-E. Med
Dream'01-W. Med
Sky'01-Hawaii
Regal'02-Alaska
Norway'02-E. Carib
Norway'03-E. Carib
Elation'03-Panama Canal
Crown'04-Canada/East Coast
Norway "Royal Suite" 07/04/04-CANCELLED!!
"We have never had a BAD cruise - some were just BETTER than others"

We are just back from Crown to Bermuda (4/18-4/25) and enjoyed our vacation very much. We have been on 8 cruises on several different lines and have finally learned that the attitude you bring with you is the most important factor determining how much fun you have. Once I get settled and catch up on work I will try to post a full review including the positives and negatives that we found.

Hi Preemiemd
Your posting just made my day!!!! Been waiting for a returning from the Crown Bermuda itinerary to check in. Glad that you enjoyed yourself and look forward to the review!!!!!
Chris Mitchell

16 Voyages completed 1999-2004, 81 wonderful days at sea
dreaming of ....
Norwegian Crown 8/04
Carnival Fascination 11/04

Prremiemd- Please post a trip report when you can. Given a number of negative reviews lately,there are a few of us with upcoming Crown cruises who are concerned and anxious to hear favorable comments.

In particular how was the service? I really love that pampered feeling the staff gives you.And what condition is the ship in? Although old is at least clean?

Thanks very much in advance.

Ditto for me we're considering a large family cruise next summer, to Bermuda, and looking for some good info on the Crown, and the Majesty as well. Would seem to prefer the Crown, but haven't done much homework as yet.

We just got off the Dawn yesterday.

Tom/Connecticut

Can't wait to read your review. We are going to Bermuda on the Crown July 11, 2004. We love Bermuda and looking forward to going on the Crown. I remember reading terrible reviews about the Sea and that year when we went on her we had the best cruise ever, and the two more times after that. Thanks so much

Can't wait to read your review. We are going to Bermuda on the Crown July 11, 2004. We love Bermuda and looking forward to going on the Crown. I remember reading terrible reviews about the Sea and that year when we went on her we had the best cruise ever, and the two more times after that. Thanks so much

preemiemd

Waiting anxiously for your review! We're booked on the Crown in 2 weeks (May 9), and have been a little panicky about the reviews so far. This is our first time cruising, so we are really hoping it won't be all bad. Any info on ships activities would be appreciated. Hope you get a chance to write the review soon. I'm going a little crazy!!

we had a great caribbean cruise on the Crown a few years back-had a penthouse suite and I could not believe the size of the cabin and the balcony-and the closets!!
we liked it so much that we sent our parents on the Crown for their 50th anniversary to Bermuda-they also loved it!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;12;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Dawn New Years Cruise

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;10;8;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
until St. Thomas

Mariposa-crew
SS Independence
NCL Dreamward-NFL cruise
NCL Dreamward-MLB cruise
NCL Wind
NCL Crown
NCL Dawn x 2

Really looking forward to a newer review. Hope that they have finally gotten thier act together.

bigmike - I am also booked in a suite AC. What perks, if any, are you supposed to get with that.

Denise

11/10/00 Married my best friend aboard
Grandeur of the Seas

Bermuda on the Crown
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;27;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

JamesOne,

We were in 9046 which is a cat AD on starboard (right) side of ship. In Hamilton we overlooked Front St but in St George and Dockyards we had a water view.

By the way, I am working on the review. I'm still on the 1st day and already over a page so i'm probably saying too much but hopefully when its done it will be helpful

Preemiemd

Preemiemd,

Please dont let us distract you .. keep typing.

Dont look in here to see who has posted .. keep typing.

Dont worry about food, your family can fend for themselves .. keep tying.

What are you doing?? .. keep typing!

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ~tug

I just wanted to say that if our NCL cruise had been our first, I probably wouldn't have gotten hooked on cruising. Nice, but not the perfect family vacation the way RCCI was for us.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise whereever you go and with whichever line. As everyone here knows, any day cruising is a GOOD day.

Legend of the Seas 8/02
NCL Star to Hawaii 04/04

I have been on 9 NCL cruises and can honestly say I have loved all of them. There have been things I might not like about a ship, but the itenerary, staff and people I have met on the ship have made the cruise wonderful. I am looking forward to my next one. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My husband and I are interested in doing the Crown's South American cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago. I usually take negative reviews with a grain of salt, since like most of you I believe a cruise is what you make it. But I wonder if we'd be better off waiting a couple of years and seeing if NCL puts a newer ship on this route. I highly doubt they'd put a brand-spankin'-new ship on the South American run, but they might move the Spirit, the Sun or something similar once the new ships are ready. What do y'all think?

[This message was edited by SecondMate on 04-29-04 at 03:23 PM.]

Archived