differences between Diamond and Dawn/Sun Princess

anjo

Perhaps for Sandi we should do a comparison of the Pacific Dawn and Sun Princess to appease her salt water veins :p Just like Diamond to Sun is Sun P to Pac Dawn! You'll love it! :D

Haha, don't worry Deb, I know I will. I love the Pacific Dawn, and I've loved every "old tub" I've been on - and been depressed when I disembarked. The only thing that helps is having one or two more booked before we board. :D:D:D

Hi Anjo, just wondering when you are cruising on Diamond Princess as we have a B2B starting 11th Jan and we don't have our cabins as yet....we also booked insides, it would be great to get an upgrade but we don't worry if we don't as we are happy just to be cruising :D:):D

Hi Izabelle, We are sailing on 16 Dec, Sydney/Auckland only booked last week! Got Cabin Allocation today. Too good a deal to miss! Good Luck with the Upgrade Fairy!:)

Thanks Anjo and congrats on your upgrade, it's great when you know what cabin you have, I keep checking the personaliser but nothing there as yet......a deck chair on promenade deck will do me...:D

We booked 2 weeks ago and yes the prices for past passengers were just to good to pass up.

You havn't got long now.....have a fantastic cruise!!

A Big Thankyou to all the people who responded to my query. I am really excited now as we have just been assigned staterooms. Gone from Plaza Inside to Emerald Obst/ Oceanview. E700. Any Good? Didn't really mind Plaza as handy to everything and a laundry for just those few cabins! Arrive Sydney 8.30am and sail 8.00pm. Are we able to offload our bags early so we don't have to lug them around all day? Thanks.

Yes. You can drop your bags off early. An upgrade from inside to obstructed oceanview is great. Congratulations. :):)

I should also point out that P&O operate the last of the Sun class ships - the Oceana. It used to be Ocean Princess with the four being - Sun, Dawn, Sea and Ocean Princess. Oceana is one of the most popular ships in the P&O fleet with some people ranking it above Ventura and Azura.

There is nothing to worry about going on the Sun class.

Personally I think if Princess thinks they are no longer suitable for the US market, then why on earth didnt they just transfer them to P&O Australia so that they can roll on the old rust buckets they have to that beach on Alang.

If P&O Australia had those ships and scrapped the Pacific Sun, kept the other three ex Princess ships then their line would be more appealing to go on. At least the ex Princess ships are still good quality and have been looked after.

I think the reason we have the Sun class down here is because Princess knows their days are numbered and that even Princess passengers prefer the Grand class over the Sun class anyday. I am just suprised that they didnt take the extra step and transfer them to P&O Australia. P&O got Ocean Princess (Oceana) so why cant P&O Australia have the others.

I am agreeing with all of you about Diamond and one thing extra I liked about Diamond was the enclosed indoor pool, where you could lie on a deck chair on a day too cool to be at the outside pool.

However, you still hear those from the US say they miss the Sun class ships. So in defence of the Sun Class (I have been on Dawn twice and going on Sea next year), I loved the Promenade deck and doing my daily walk around there. The open Buffet area was just lovely at the front of the ship (very like the one on Rhapsody). I also liked the pool deck area.

The thing I liked most about the Dawn, was late at night, one could go and have a cup of tea or coffee in the Buffet and there were also great cakes to choose from to have with a cup of tea. I didn't always like the desserts they offered in the MDR. My second cruise on Dawn, there were not as many gooey cakes but there was always something I could have. I didn't like the cakes offered on Diamond. Most of the ships I have been on, don't offer much late at night, except for some special night when there is far too much to eat and too many people trying to get food.

Rosie

Archived