Questions about Ketchikan

Hikini

We'll be cruising on the NCL Spirit this summer and since I'm traveling with my elderly parents I have to do a lot of researching ahead. They can't walk much so I try to find things for them to do/see that doesn't require a lot of walking.

I've seen the trolleys in Ketchikan but never paid any attention to them. Can anyone tell me details about them? Where do they pick us up from, where do they go to, how much does it cost, are you able to get off and back on, etc? Any info is helpful!

Hikini:D

We took the horse drawn trolley tour in Ketchikan last June. It cost $25 each. Here's their website: http://www.horsetrolleytours.com/experience.html It's about a block away from the cruise ship on the same side of the street. It's right outside the visitors center. You don't stop and get off and back on. You just ride the entire time. They have blankets for you if it's cold. And the windows are covered if it's raining. It was about a 45 minute ride and we enjoyed it.

They also have a ride the ducks tour on the other side of the visitors center. It's an amphibous vehicle that tours both on land and then it goes into the water too. It looked like a lot of fun and it took a little longer than the trolley. Maybe around an hour and a half. It may have cost slightly more per person (I think around $35 each at the most).

There's also a good restaurant right across the street from the ship called Annabelle's. We ate some really big and yummy King Crab Legs there.

Archived