WINNING SUN REVIEW FOR 11-26 western Carribeian

vols_159

Cruise review NCL SUN Western Caribbean 11-26 - 12-3-2011

Let Me start By saying This is our 3rd NCL cruise and 2nd on the SUN.

We was suppose to take this cruise In March of 2012 But with Work conflicts

we had to move it up.

Thursday

We Left Cold TN early Thanksgiving mourning for warm and sunny Florida.

We ran into no traffic at all because Of the Holiday.. WINNING!!

We booked a room for 2nights at the Econo Lodge Space Center In Coco Beach FL

WARNING! Even tho the rooms are very cheap DO NOT STAY HERE.. We woke up

Thur night to roaches All over the room! Not just one but dozens! And the front

desk wasn't even surprised So they Know they have a problem.. They did Move us rooms

to the other side of the hotel after refusing to refund our reservations

Friday

Even Tho there was very little sleep Because of the Horrible Roach room We got up early

and Went to Disney Animal Kingdom Enjoyed the Park I had been here before

My Fiancé had not After a long Day of walking and enjoying the park we left around 4:30

Back at the Econo Lodge Our new room is "roach free" thank the lord We can sleep tonight

Saturday

The front desk said the shuttle should be there around 11:30 "Royal Shuttle"

brought a standard van for around 30 people.. Failed They had to make 4 trips to pick up all the

passengers

NOW We are at the port

Dropping our Bags off with the Porters One problem They wont take a Case of Cokes I brought

Said we had to either Carry it on or Place it in our luggage Even tho People

On CC say just to leave it with the Porters This is not the CASE SO WARNING!!

Once inside the terminal Easy walk thru security Easy check in Wow we are back on the ship

Went straight to 7 seas for lunch And now the fun begins

Awesome Lunch! I had the Philly She has the Club Sandwich

We booked our 1st Balcony Room 9252 was great our Room Stewart Was Such a

amazing guy! We just laid around the pool deck today and took it easy till Dinner

In 4 seasons had the Lobster which Was Small but I double ordered and Thought the Lobster

Had a really good taste --WINNING again

Show Time We was informed the Comedian Missed the boat and would Meet us

in Cozumel The show was a variety sample show of the performers that would be playing the rest of the week

Sunday :

Sea day More pool time more laziness and eating all day you typical Vacation day! --WINNING

Monday Cozumel

We was suppose to Dock at 8am Looking out my balcony window and watching us dock was fun and interesting The

Winds was super strong the Captain Called them "gail forced winds"

We had planned to go over to Paradise Beach For a nice beach Day But should of

Done something else Paradise Beach was very nice But The winds ruined the Day.

Went back and shopped around the Port Before the ship sailed

Good News The comedian Did make it to Cozumel! Bad News the Captain said

Because of the winds Tuesday Port call "Grand Cayman" was in danger but he

Had secured a spot on the back side of the island to hopefully protect us from the wind"

Tuesday- We are excited about "swimming with the sting rays" in the Grand Caymans But the captain keeps everyone

Informed about the weather.. We decided to order a pizza for a early Lunch For $5 they bring a LARGE PIZZA

Which Was very very good as good as pizza hut or you local pizza Chain.. For $5 you can't beat it

The Captain announced around 11am the Stop at George Town had to be canceled dew to The strong winds and 5 to 7ft waves

--Failed

In all 5 ships turned away from Grand Cayman On Tuesday 2 Carnival 1 Disney 1 RCC and Our NCL Sun

The captain made the only decision he could make and I don’t Fault NCL at all

What else Could they do? This happens with tender Ports but Its just part of it

NCl Can control lots of things but Weather is not one of them! They made the right call!

Wednesday Ochio Rios Jamaica

We booked a Tour threw the Ship "Jewels of Ochio Rios" This was a great tour

lasted around 4.5 hours took us all over Jamaica And was only 40$ a person

I would suggest this tour! -WINNING

Thursday SEA day

More laziness, more eating you know the usually vacation !

More Bad news from the Captain The next Port NCL private Island had to be cancelled

Because of the WINDS But don’t worry He’s changing courses and taking us to Nassau Bahamas Instead!

Great News Nassau is very beautiful!

Friday Nassau Bahamas

We took a water taxi over to Paradise Island and just explored Atlantis on our on..

The best part of the Day the EPIC was in Port

I’ve never seen the Epic and it is a beautiful ship! Can't wait to sail her one day!

I wanted to try and sneak on board just to look around but my GF wouldn't even let me try :(

But in all Today was WINNING!

Saturday

This is the day I hate most NCL made me get off the SHIP :( very sad and disappointed

We did the Easy walk off was standing outside waiting for our Shuttle at 8:30 am!

Kept calling "Royal shuttle" kept getting the 10 minutes 10 minutes line

They finally showed up at 9am not bad Time to go home vacation is over Very sad :(

Food- We ate at a lot of restaurants from the Garden Cafe, 4 seasons, 7 seas, the sports bar, Sushi,

and Moderno I never had a bad meal! Anyone who thinks the food is horrible must be use to being

served meals on a Silver Platter: All the food had a good taste and was simply better than I Can make at home

and the Sushi on board is priced very good and is amazing!

Shows

Comedian Richie Minervini - Was great very funny Would love to see him again

Juggler Barry John- He was also Good, Very entertaining

Singer Elvy Rose- She was on the ship last March and We enjoyed watching her Again

Dazzles Had a band named Flyer- This group was amazing prolly one of the best on board

We could sit in Dazzles for hours and just listen to them play!

For what its worth Our balcony Cabin was on the Starboard side Happens we docked everytime on the Starboard side!

So in and all This Cruise Was

WINNING!

The last time we were on the Sun, chair hogging did not seem to be as much of a problem as it is on other ships. What was you observations about this?

The Sun is a smaller ship so not as many paxs as other bigger ships.. Anytime we wanted to go sit by the pool we easily fount a chair So I didnt see any chair hogging problems.. Of course the weather wasnt the best kindly windy

Did you have lobster on the first night? Was that the only night you had lobster

Yes saturday night was lobster Night.. Was pretty good too.. I ordered 2 lobster tails and was full after dinner.. NCL has changed up there menus.. Boy was there some good food in the MDR.. Ribye steak is always available.. Which I had once I also had BBQ ribs and cocnut shrimp on night.. Also very good..

To answer your 1st question I got to the port around 1pm last sat to get on the boat.. Our shuttle ran late because they didnt send a big enought van to fit everybody from the hotel plus there was a rocket launch eariler in the mourning..

And I watched us pull back in PC around 6am Yesterday and they started calling for non usa citzens to declare around 630am they started letting US citzens off aound 8am We were outside the port terminal waiting on the return shuttle by 830am

Archived