QUESTION: Ship On A Stick Vs. Bucket of Beer

Would you rather play a game to win a "ship on a stick" or sit by the pool with a bucket of beer or drink of the day? (Plenty of seats are available near the pool due to the constant patrolling of your friendly neighborhood Chair Police)

That would depend on what kind of game and what time of day it was

Melody, a Ship on a Stick is a little trophy you get by winning one of the games, i.e., Trivia, etc. I have one, and I treasure it!:D It's a running joke, because they're made of pure plastic painted gold, with a little plaque at the bottom showing the name of the ship.

On my last cruise, the CD Michael told me they were phasing this out......but he didn't say why. So, if you enter one of the contests, you might win one - surely a collector's item.:rolleyes: (Actually, I enjoy having mine - a souvenier of a great cruise.)

Melody, a Ship on a Stick is a little trophy you get by winning one of the games, i.e., Trivia, etc. I have one, and I treasure it!:D It's a running joke, because they're made of pure plastic painted gold, with a little plaque at the bottom showing the name of the ship.
Amazingly enough, my DW (girlfriend at the time) was on the winning team at the Welcome Aboard Show last April while on the Triumph.. She got a bottle of 'bubbly' and a ship on a stand.. :rolleyes:

The 'ship' on the stick was a spirit class, and the plaque said Triumph.. I though it was kinda' comical! ;)

We have it well displayed with our three "towel pals"!

It's a no-brainer! A bucket of beer would be so much better than a plastic ship on a stick!!! If I want a memento of the ship, I'll buy a magnet. At least I have a place to display a magnet. Where the h*ll do you display a ship on a stick anyway?????:confused:

I too love my ship on a stick!! Its a known fact in my house that if we are cruising Carnival that mom will enter as many contests as it takes to win one of these beeeeuuuutiiiifuullll trophys. I have mine displayed in our familyroom. This is the first year that I havent won one-all I got was 100 stupid points for the white team :mad:

Am I insane or what???

Well, my DH usually drinks several buckets of beer while trying to win one of those ships on a stick but, no luck yet! I won one however, without drinking a bucket of beer first! Maybe he needs to change his strategy! LOL!

I love trivia but played to win the ship on a stick.

But sorry these are no more. On the LEgend in OCtober and the Miracle in February they were giving out champagne. Guess its cheaper to do the champagne. Some people (very few did get medals)

On the Miracle they had a telephone trivia-- you watch it on the tv and call in your answers-- I won a strofoam beer holder.

We got the ship on a stick *and* champagne for winning the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" game on the Triumph last year.

"Points" for your color team? Big fat hairy deal.

I am not a beer drinker so there is NO contest here!!

Besides....I absolutely ADORE my ship on a stick!!! Everytime I see it I have wonderful memories! I have not participated in the games but I won mine at a Lido Deck Sailaway Party for going up on stage and lip-synching Aretha Franklin's Respect with a banana!! :eek: Believe me....beer is simply NOT strong enough to induce oneself to get up on that stage in front of all those people and dance around and sing!! It was tequila shots I was requesting when I realized what I gotten myself into!!

Archived