Ordering a bottle of Liquor from room service??

ronkay

omg.. another one.. ugh watever im done.. i know what i was told by carnival and I am not going to change my mind. even you said yourself ON SOME SHIPS>. then you contradict yourself in the end.. come on this board is good for somethings but everyone has different opinions and experiences about everything.. to the original post......... JUST TRY IT> forget what people are saying and just try it.. Prepare for it if you cant.

No, I did not contradict myself. Please look at the sentence again. It says that on some ships the purchase can be made through room service as well as Guest Services but it is available on all ships.

Sorry you're a bit confused on the issue.

:)

I've ordered thru room service (X8000) on two different ships.....just call and ask for a bar setup.......no problems:p About the same price as Bon Voyage Dept. And you can carry off the ship any portion left........:D

One thing my wife and I have always done in the past is told the room steward he could have anything that was left in our room bar at the end of the cruise as part of his tip. they have always been very appreciative of this and sure THEY NEED IT after dealing with some of the other guests actions i have seen and heard of.....

Here you go..

Response received...

John Heald

I was asked about buying liquor by the bottle and I guess someone over there was saying you can't. The rules are that you can buy it through room service which can be consumed in the stateroom,

1 Liter Grey goose price is $60

I have often thought as has a senior beard that bottle service should be available in the dance clubs as well.

Like · · Share · 2 · about a minute ago ·

2 people like this.

Kelly Collins Awesome thanks for the quick response that was me that asked John :)

2 seconds ago · Like

Response received...

John Heald

I was asked about buying liquor by the bottle and I guess someone over there was saying you can't. The rules are that you can buy it through room service which can be consumed in the stateroom,

1 Liter Grey goose price is $60

I have often thought as has a senior beard that bottle service should be available in the dance clubs as well.

Like · · Share · 2 · about a minute ago ·

2 people like this.

Kelly Collins Awesome thanks for the quick response that was me that asked John :)

2 seconds ago · Like

Perhaps the take away from this thread is to print a copy of the answer by John Heald and take it with you on the next Carnival cruise. That way, if you run low of your favorite libation, you can contact room service, and if that doesn't result in delivery, trot on down to guest services with your print out in hand and ask for your bottle.

The bottle in the cabin is nice for a little drink before/after showering for dinner, or any time you just feel like it. One time we had two double bombay sapphire gin and tonics and the bill was $32, since then, we order a bottle, about $45, and make our own with some tonic we buy in port, and some limes from room service.

Here you go..

Is the Bon Voyage sevice differant from gigts & services. was trying to see the cost of alcohol to have in room but couldn't find it on the website.

This is the latest I have for the BV dept.. you just have to call and ask if they have anything different DON"T just go by the list...

Bon Voyage Department open 9am-5pm EST

Should place order at least 2 weeks prior to sail date-Some have placed orders closer to sail date,, but better safe then sorry..Prices Do Not include tax

800-522-7648 Prices as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55

Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

Perhaps the take away from this thread is to print a copy of the answer by John Heald and take it with you on the next Carnival cruise. That way, if you run low of your favorite libation, you can contact room service, and if that doesn't result in delivery, trot on down to guest services with your print out in hand and ask for your bottle.

The bottle in the cabin is nice for a little drink before/after showering for dinner, or any time you just feel like it. One time we had two double bombay sapphire gin and tonics and the bill was $32, since then, we order a bottle, about $45, and make our own with some tonic we buy in port, and some limes from room service.

John has again confirmed it why should I take a copy.. this is what he is getting form the beards in Miami..

lol LOL! so one person who claims to be this man.. makes a profile on facebook soley to answer questions from cruise critic members.. lol you gotta be joking me.. Im just got off the phone with carnival. It is not allowed on all boats. But allowed on very few. so both are right and both are wrong.

leave it at that.

omg.. another one.. ugh watever im done.. i know what i was told by carnival and I am not going to change my mind. even you said yourself ON SOME SHIPS>. then you contradict yourself in the end.. come on this board is good for somethings but everyone has different opinions and experiences about everything.. to the original post......... JUST TRY IT> forget what people are saying and just try it.. Prepare for it if you cant.

Just curious how many ends this story has for a certain poster!?!?!?!?

Is the Bon Voyage sevice differant from gigts & services. was trying to see the cost of alcohol to have in room but couldn't find it on the website.

Cruisnfool, Yes same department. BUT you have to call and order liqour. It is not on the web site.

Wow. Well OP, please disregard this poster and take the rest of the info in the thread, you certainly can, and many of us have, ordered from room service. Have a great cruise!:)

Look I know where I was asking, yes, gift shop was ONE of them.. but room service, the bar, guest services and the aggravating ass servers that walk around ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

told me the same thing..

Like I said earlier.. call carnival. they will give you the correct asnwer and not some half ass answer.. 'depends on who you speak with in room service'

Sorry, you have to be 21 to be served alcohol on board.

• 4 weeks later...

holy crap...is there something in the water on a cruise...well I was never that way when I was just off SHIP A WEEK AGO...

I always call and order...also order club soda for $1.95/can...I hate carrying it...I also bring on an UNopened Bloody Mary mix...yummy

It is good to know that I can call room service...lol...in case the first bottle...well you know

Someone mentioned carrying tonic water on board from the port. I was looking for canned diet tonic water and could not find it. Can I actually carry a couple litters of tonic water in place of soda?

just make sure they are UNopened...but yes you can...:cool:

Someone mentioned carrying tonic water on board from the port. I was looking for canned diet tonic water and could not find it. Can I actually carry a couple litters of tonic water in place of soda?

Yes. 12oz bottles/cans are pretty tough to find. We always carry on a few bottles of tonic water, usually 3 or 4 liters between DW and myself, never had any problems doing that.

Just another confimation: We've bought BOTTLES of liquor from room service on several different Carnival Ships.

Just pick up the cabin phone and call room service. You'll see the charge for the bottle(s) on your cruise receipt as, "front bar service." (Whatever bar that provides the bottle.) Gets delivered, opened and enjoyed. No taxes too when out of port.

We use it when our Bon Voyage bottles run out or we just want something different. And we take the remainder home.

Cheaper than bar drinks, and we share!

You can't bring on a liter size bottle bottle, but you can bring 12 up to 20 oz per.

You can't bring on a liter size bottle bottle, but you can bring 12 up to 20 oz per.

We've always brought liter bottles of tonic and never had an issue. They weren't hidden, they checked to make sure they were soda and no worries. Maybe if you brought 20 it would be an issue, we always bring 3-4 between DW and I, no problem.

We've always brought liter bottles of tonic and never had an issue. They weren't hidden, they checked to make sure they were soda and no worries. Maybe if you brought 20 it would be an issue, we always bring 3-4 between DW and I, no problem.

When did you last cruise? They recently changed the policy to 20oz bottles and most of the ports have been pretty strict about it. Again, it depends who is at the xray machine.

Archived