Least crowded...Magen's, Coki, or Sapphire?

Bonnie Voyager

Indy, what was "gross" about Coki? Was it the "ramshackle" huts and stuff? I've seen many photos and I admit that the "background" was not too appealing to me, but the view out to sea was just stunning. Is the view from Sapphire as lovely as the view from Coki. Perhaps Sapphire would be the best compromise for me. We have done St. John in the past (Cinnamon Bay was amazing), but we just aren't going to have time to do that on our next visit. We are going to do the St. Thomas tour with Godfrey and spend the last 2 hours on either Magens, Coki, or Sapphire. It is also the last day of our cruise so basically it is the grand finale of our cruise week. It also happens to be our 28th Wedding Anniversary that day! :D I want to spend those last 2 hours somewhere "pretty" where Hubby can relax with a good book (preferably in the shade) while I catch some rays and our Son (11) can enjoy the clean, sandy beach and calm water (not too rough). Snorkeling is not a "must" but being able to see a fish or two would be a bonus. I really would like to avoid a HUGE crowd if possible. We would be arriving at the beach at about 2:00p.m. and staying till 4:00p.m. I guess at this point I am leaning toward Sapphire. The really hard part is the fact that I am torn about not going over to St. John this time, but I really do want to see St. Thomas. I just don't want to be disappointed with my choice once the day is done. We do plan to return to St. Thomas/St. John for a land vacation at some point in the years to come, so it's not a "do or die" situation. I just want to end the cruise on a "high" note! ;)

We did the tour with Godfrey last year and did shappire as it was much less crowded. Coki was just full of people and there wasnt any room in the water but Godfrey takes you by all 3 so you dont have to decide until that day. We went to shappire and were very pleased.

Archived