One man's review of a cruise on the Ruby Princess

lovelearnteach

Sun. Nov. 20th, 2011, debarkation day. We get up about 7:45a.m. and get ready and go down to breakfast. I guess I'm feeling the end of cruise blues because I forget to take any pix of breakfast. After breakfast we head back to the cabin and gather up our stuff. At 8:30a.m. the cabin steward knock on the door and reminds us that we are to be out of the cabin at 8:30a.m. We then up to the pool deck and hang out up there as we are not to be to our debarkation station until 9:45a.m. At 9:35a.m. we head to the Wheelhouse Bar and wait for a few minutes until we are called to head to immigration. We fly through immigration and head to the pick-up area as our shuttle is not scheduled to pick us up until 11:00a.m. That concludes my review of my cruise on the Ruby Princess. I had a fabulous time on my cruise and enjoyed every minute. If carpets were worn or paint peeling I didn't notice as I was to busy having fun, and I really don't pay to much attention to those things. One thing I did just happen to notice was there were some burnt out lights in the chandelier in the Main Piazza, but it detracted in no way from my enjoyment of the cruise. My one major complaint was the quality of the fruit and the fruit served at breakfast in the dinning room often tasted as if something else was cut with the knife and then used to cut the fruit. That is a little concerning as maybe they are not as diligent about cross contamination as they should be. Of course I never got sick or had an upset stomach, and I am very prone to those sort of things.

I can honestly say this is one post where I read it all the way through (cruise part). Thank you for all the great pics (now I'm hungry) and your great review. I was really interested in Grand Turk one place we haven't gone. I would love to do the Ruby Princess in Nov. and after reading your post I think I'm convinced.

Thanks again!! You did a great job.:)

Carol

After dinner we stop and listen to some musicians playing in the Piazza. Terry heads back to the cabin for the night and I head to the Theater to see the staff production show "If I Were Not Upon The Sea". I mainly go because I need some info for my scavenger hunt. Upon arrival they are handing out balloons to everyone. As a preschool teacher I'm used to doing silly things, it was funny to watch people start off refusing to participate and by the end everyone is laughing and hitting the balloons. I actually really enjoyed the show and went to back to our cabin afterwards which ends Fri. Nov. 18th, 2011.

I teach pre-k and I love it! Super review.....can you name the scavenger items you had to collect? (or some of them) thanks!

Edited by preschool teacher

I can honestly say this is one post where I read it all the way through (cruise part). Thank you for all the great pics (now I'm hungry) and your great review. I was really interested in Grand Turk one place we haven't gone. I would love to do the Ruby Princess in Nov. and after reading your post I think I'm convinced.

Thanks again!! You did a great job.:)

Carol

Thank-you so much for the kind words. I love reading reviews like this so I'm just paying it forward.

Can I say Grand Turk is my favorite Caribbean island, even though it's technically not a Caribbean island let's say it is for arguments sake, no but no time spent in the sand, sun and surf is a bad time. It's a very small island and there is not much to do besides water related activities. I did read in another review that there are golf carts for rent for $80 for the day right outside the Carnival Corp. compound. If we ever visit this island again we might consider renting one and go exploring.

Ken, Great review, I'll keep reading. In a week I'll be down in Florida getting ready to board the Ruby. You will cruise the Caribbean before I do later this year, will you review that trip too?

Beth

Thank-you Beth I really appreciate your kind words. Yes most definitely, I will write a review of that cruise and I've already went out and got a decent digital camera! My uncle also got a cam corder for Christmas so we'll have double the memories, LOL :D:). Enjoy your cruise, should we be watching out for your review?

Ken, Great review, I'll keep reading. In a week I'll be down in Florida getting ready to board the Ruby. You will cruise the Caribbean before I do later this year, will you review that trip too?

Beth

Oh and Beth remember if the ship starts sinking and you push old people and small children down to get to the life boat, just say you tripped ***** :eek::D;)!

I teach pre-k and I love it! Super review.....can you name the scavenger items you had to collect? (or some of them) thanks!

Thank-you, well I got 23 of the 25 items. The 2 things I did not get was a book of matches (not Princess) and an king of spades. The grossiest one was an flavored olive from the Adagio Bar. Luckily I bring zip lock baggies to put food from the buffet in to take for snacks when exploring on the islands. Everything else on the list I got from the ship except a t-shirt with one of the ports on it, which I could have gotten from the ship but I didn't I got it in the port.

Thank-you Beth I really appreciate your kind words. Yes most definitely, I will write a review of that cruise and I've already went out and got a decent digital camera! My uncle also got a cam corder for Christmas so we'll have double the memories, LOL :D:). Enjoy your cruise, should we be watching out for your review?

I normally write a review and submit it to the review section. Maybe I'll also post it here with some photos:)

So I thought QLS was our hero and it turns out they were a 0! When I made the reservation for a shuttle to take us to our hotel in Miami I was given a choice of 2 times, 8:00a.m. or 11:00a.m. I choose the latter as I didn't want to feel rushed to get off the ship and we would have gotten to Miami way to early. We got to the pick-up area at a few minutes after 10:00a.m. We knew we had about an hour wait, and the time flew by as we ran into many of our new friends from the cruise. At 11:14a.m. I started to get a little worried, so I used the courtsey phones. 2 don't work at all and the 3rd I can hear them but they can't hear me.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank-you, well I got 23 of the 25 items. The 2 things I did not get was a book of matches (not Princess) and an king of spades. The grossiest one was an flavored olive from the Adagio Bar. Luckily I bring zip lock baggies to put food from the buffet in to take for snacks when exploring on the islands. Everything else on the list I got from the ship except a t-shirt with one of the ports on it, which I could have gotten from the ship but I didn't I got it in the port.

Did you win? Our friends completed the list and ended up tying for first so they shared the prizes with another couple. They had quite a lot of fun doing it though!

• 1 year later...