Shops within walking distance of the ships

Cruisinetta

There is a tourist shopping area and bar inside the security perimeter of the port and not a bad place if there are some last minute things you want. I would not go walking out of the port looking for shops, it's quite a walk through some not nice sections to get to the old town, tourist and shopping areas. If shopping is what you want I'd catch a shuttle or cab to the old town.

My husband and I are trying to decide what to do while in Cartagena. We'll definitely be doing a shore excursion through the ship. Are the tours of the city interesting or would we be better off doing an eco tour or a beach day?

Thanks!

Stacy

Depends on what you like. I found things like the LaPopa Monnastery and old fort interesting, and the old city was very walkable. I'd recommend a private tour instead of a ship tour, the buses really were herded like sheep in some of the locations.

Here's a link to some photos, Cartagena starts with the one where Claudia, our guide, is pointing..

Panama%20Card%2010-13-600x399.jpg

And here's some notes from our excursions on our recent cruise, including Cartagena:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1508966

My husband and I are trying to decide what to do while in Cartagena. We'll definitely be doing a shore excursion through the ship. Are the tours of the city interesting or would we be better off doing an eco tour or a beach day?

Thanks!

Stacy

Archived