Crown Review 4-18

brigidfreeman

My review is colored by the fact that I contracted the norwalk virus while aboard the ship as did many other folks. The good thing was that the visit to the doctor and the meds proscribed were free. However, my husband and I were both quarantined in the cabin for 24 hours. We missed the port of St. George.

The cabin, 6052, has plenty of storage space, lots of closet space, a large window and a bath tub. Lots of hot water on demand. The beds can be pushed together to make one, however, the console in the middle doesn't move, so the beds are oddly done and reduce the movement around the room. Since I was sick, our room was always cleaned last, around 2 pm, and constantly sprayed with bleach. We had to clean our hands with bleach solution after each wash.

We ate in the 7 Seas dining room and at the buffet; food was boring, tasteless and uninspired. Same menu as on all previous NCL cruises.

Although the promonade deck goes all around the ship, they were constructing a section aft and access was blocked. The pool is tiny and was covered with small children. The space is narrower than most ships and therefore you'll muster inside the ship, there just isn't space outside.

We found a nice sunny seating area deck 8 aft with a view of the pool to be a great place to relax. The Library is nice also.

Bring your 110v converter as most plugs are 220v. Even in the room.

We had a rocky morning on Saturday, other than that the ship sailed smoothly to and from Bermuda.

Had a "stone therapy" massage cost $194 with tip. Didn't get the extras the therapist was trying to sell me while still on the table. They have pretty good priced port day specials.

Wait for the Friday laundry special, a full bag of laundry for $20.

Embarc and debarc went okay.

You'll be sanitizing your hands before you get on the ship and every visit to a dining place on the ship. Still, there's a good chance you'll get the virus, it's been on the ship for a month or so. (Ok, that's rather pessimistic, but I'm still upset about it and still haven't fully recovered.)

Any questions?

Sorry to hear that you got sick. My mom gets sick very often when she goes on vacation. Luckily I don't take after her!!

Denise

11/10/00 Married my best friend aboard
Grandeur of the Seas

Bermuda on the Crown
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;27;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Brigid
sorry your cruise was spoiled by the Norwalk virus. That must have been a carryover from the cruise before. Just read on CDC site that they had reported it for the prior cruise and had disinfected (guess not enough!!!!!)
this is the link
[url="http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2004/update_april1NorwegianCrown.htm"]http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2004/update_april1NorwegianCrown.htm[/url]

Hope you did get to enjoy a bit of Bermuda after your recovery.
Thanks for letting us know the latest 'scoop' on the Crown.
Chris Mitchell

16 Voyages completed 1999-2004, 81 wonderful days at sea
dreaming of ....
Norwegian Crown 8/04
Carnival Fascination 11/04

I was on the Crown Repo March 22-april 4. As we walked into the terminal at Miami we were handed a letter informing us that there was a viral problem from the previous cruise and we had the option of returning home with a full refund. WE did not op for it nor did I hear of anyone who did. We had to wait an hour and a half to board. I assumed this was due to sanitation matters occuring. During the mid to end of the trip I met some that were coming out of isolation in their cabins. (72 hours) The Sports Afloat staff person was herself sick with the virus and was missing for the first three days. We never had a problem ourselves but did use the hand cleansers whereever they were.

HI
We just returned on the Crown april 18-25. we become ill for 2 days could not leave the cabin for 24 hrs. Those were the days we were in Bermuda. We did not recieve a letter about the virus offering a refund b4 boarding the ship.I believe the numbers of people who are sick is higher do to people not visiting the Dr.

stay healthy and enjoy

Archived