7 Day Hubbard Glacier Cruise Serenade of the Seas

This is my very first cruise, and I am going on the 7 Day Hubbard Glacier cruise on the Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas in July. I have a few questions:

What nights are formal nights?

Does Serenade of the Seas dock in each of the ports: Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchican?

Where is the best place to be on the ship to view Hubbard Glacier and Misty Fjords when cruising?

Any and all advice and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Hi mslavender, some of your questions can be answered on the Alaska boards, but I will try my best. We docked in every port, but that can change with the number of ships in port. When we saw Hubbard Glacier we were on the top deck. The captain does turn the ship around so a lot of people sit on their balconies. Being on the Serenade you could also go to Portofinos or Chops and eat lunch while you are watching. Or you could go to the Thermal Suite in the spa and watch from the heated lounge chairs. :) They had the 2nd night as the first formal night and then I believe the 6th night was the other one. If you have other questions about the ship feel free to ask. For questions about Alaska you should go check out the Alaska boards, there is a ton of info on tours, ports and everything else you can think of.

Misty

Hi natesfirewife,

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions.

I have been reading the posts on the various Cruise Critic boards and obtaining more information. You are right--there is so much to read.

Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend.

mslavender: the best place to view the Hubbard glacier would be in the Thermal suit as Natesfirewife suggests! You can sit in heated lounge chairs or the steam room and look out from the floor to ceiling picture window. However we can not talk from experience as both our Alaska cruises avoided the Glacier because of weather conditions. Third time is a charm though!

We did Hubbard Glacier and Misty Fjords on Legend of the Seas. We had a D1 balcony and viewed everything from there. We had the thermostat in the room turned up and if we got a little cool we just went inside to warm up.

You can see our photo album at http://community.webshots.com/user/jbond105/1 under Legend of the Seas 1 thru 4.

I thought that Misty Fjords was one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited, and the grizzly bear was the icing on the cake.

Hi jbond: Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photo travel albums. I enjoyed looking at all of your photos. I would love to be able to create a photo album like yours!

Hi MagicCat: Thank you for the information on the best place to view the Hubbard Glacier.

Unfortunately, I don't have a balcony room. Is there a charge to sit in the heated lounge chairs in the Thermal Suite in the spa?

Archived