Anyone just back from Caribbean

cinbeach

We are leaving Friday for our 13 night cruise on the Quest and was wondering if anyone has just come back from the latest Caribbean cruise on the Quest.

Would like to know if the seas were rough and how many formal nights. It calls for only 1 formal night optional but some have commented that it was changed once on board to perhaps more formals.

Thanks Cindy

Cindy

To be safe I would pack an extra "glitzy" top ~perhaps with a long black skirt or pants. Seattle is having growing pains ~informing we Quest Nov.TA Crossers only one formal evening, when we boarded 'lot and behold Herald stated four formal nights! I had packed four ~luckily:D The Caribbean will be more casual but I think both the Captain's "Welcome & Farewell" reception & dinner following, will be formal.

Have a grand time in the sunshine! Snowed here in West Texas today!

Martita B.

Hi Cindy,

We are currently on the Quest and we have had somewhat rough seas since we left Isla Catalina on Sunday. All the other days were no more than 3' to 4' swells and not that much rolling and rocking. On this 14 day cruise we had two (2) optional formal nights. Keep in mind the seas can be different on every cruise. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

ED

Hi Martita and Ed

Thanks for the quick response. With only one formal optional it just does not seem feasible to bring a long gown and tux but with two formals it would be.

Ed - what would you say the percentage of people wearing formal - and I mean Tux and Gown compared to those who just went Informal were?

Thanks Cindy

Hi Cindy,

We just got home from our cruise. I would estimate about 5-10% of the men at most were dressed in formal wear and a much higher percentage of women were in formal wear (gowns) in the main dining room. The Colonnade did not even require a jacket for dinner.

Hi, we're on the Quest on the 23rd, and were just told that Martinique was out and St. Lucia was put in, anyone know why the switch?? It's not like I'm complaining, but a week before the trip it usually means weather issues or a shakedown occurred by customs, and so I ask?

Westmount

We are leaving Friday for our 13 night cruise on the Quest and was wondering if anyone has just come back from the latest Caribbean cruise on the Quest.

Would like to know if the seas were rough and how many formal nights. It calls for only 1 formal night optional but some have commented that it was changed once on board to perhaps more formals.

Thanks Cindy

We are on the same cruise. You do not, repeat do not, need formal clothes. Period. If you want to be formal, you certainly can. As to weather, it is usually fairly calm this time of year, but a prayer to to Poseidon is always in order.

We were on the Quest from 11/23 to 12/07 and stopped at Grand Anse, Martinique on 12/02. It was the worst place I have ever been in the Caribbean. The main reason for the stop, I was told, was to allow the ship to provide water sports activities off the back of the ship. Well, apparently the swells were too high so they cancelled that activity. We tendered from the ship to Grand Anse and after walking around for about 10 minutes we returned to the ship. It was a nasty place. There was raw sewage draining directly into the sea very close to the dock. If you are going to St. Lucia you should feel very blessed.

We are also just back from the Quest 14night Caribbean itinerary which we thoroughly enjoyed! If you haven't cruised with seabourn before you are in for a treat!

My husband took a dark suit for the two formal/optional nights and felt appropriately dressed. I had one short and one long formal outfits and felt right in both.

There were more Elegantly Casual nights than Resort Casual so I would pack slightly differently eg I didn't feel white linen trousers were appropriate (for me) in the MDR.

Jackets were required in the MDR for the men and the ladies were in a variety of 'dressy' outfits.

We did not go ashore in Grand Anse being happy to look at the scenery from the many great spots on board!

Any other questions, just ask :-)

Archived