Fantasy and Dream cost

hexdragon

According to an Orlando Sentinel article from Jan 2011, about $ 900 Million each. :eek:

The Disney Dream, a 130,000-ton ocean liner with room aboard for 4,000 passengers, is the first of two new cruise ships Disney is building at a combined cost of more than $1.8 billion. Together, the Dream and the Disney Fantasy — which will debut in spring 2012 — will increase the company's capacity at sea by nearly 150 percent.

I was struck by a thought this morning (yes, it did hurt). I wondered how much it cost Disney to build The Fantasy and The Dream.... I looked on their website and didn't see the $$$ amount.

Pop fla is right..........I have seen numbers of $800m to $850m...........for each ship.

AKK

Hmmm, lets do some math here... They say the Dream can hold up to 4000 passengers... Let's round that out to 3000 people per cruise, $1000.00 per person???? That's a cool 3Mil per run...

Of course there are major expenses... Fuel, food, taxes, port fees, not to mention crew... I'm guesstimating 2mil per run...

That means about 1mil profit per run... about 80 - 90 runs a year... Hmmm, in 10 years the ship would be paid off????

Sounds right to you???? :confused:

I am not sure on your figures as you have to add yearly maintance and shipyard etc....but I seem to remember back in the cobwebs of my sailing days mind, a average paydown for a ship was 15 years........either way...figuire the Dream class has a 30+ years lifespan..............of which about 20 to 25 years under DCL livery.........Disney is going to make a fair, .........OK a lot of money!:D

AKK

I am not sure on your figures as you have to add yearly maintance and shipyard etc....but I seem to remember back in the cobwebs of my sailing days mind' date=' a average paydown for a ship was 15 years........either way...figuire the Dream class has a 30+ years lifespan..............of which about 20 to 25 years under DCL livery.........Disney is going to make a fair, .........OK a lot of money!:D

AKK[/quote']

They will earn a lot of money for a great product........as they should!

Archived