XCARET Eco Park-Wanting info please

aimo11aaaa

Hi

I am interested when I go on cruise and on the 9th when at Cozumel Port going to Xcaret eco park so wondering if you can send me tour information and prices so I can compare to cruise line.

I arrive at port at 7am and have leaving port at 4 so need to consider that as well.

Thanks for your help!

Hi

I am interested when I go on cruise and on the 9th when at Cozumel Port going to Xcaret eco park so wondering if you can send me tour information and prices so I can compare to cruise line.

I arrive at port at 7am and have leaving port at 4 so need to consider that as well.

Thanks for your help!

First off, when going to the mainland most people recommend doing the cruise thing so you don't get left should you run late getting back.

If your not concerned with this, then I would do it on my own. Take a cab to ferry, take ferry to mainland, take cab to Xcaret. Prices for Xcaret can be found at their website. :)

See this site. They have a good deal including the ferry and transport from Playa to X-Caret and return. Just add $14 RT for taxi fare from ship pier to ferry dock, assuming you are not docking at Punta Langosta, from which it is only a few blocks walk.

http://www.cozumel-tours.com/xcaret-tour.htm

We priced it with the ship vs. on our own and it was just about the same, but this was from Playa del Carmen where our ship actually docked (so it was only a 10 min taxi ride) We did it once through the ship many years ago from Cozumel and would never do it again. It takes about an hour and a half one way to get there. First, you need to get to the ferry and wait for it to load (about 20 min), then it is about a 45 minute ferry ride, then about another 10 to 15 min taxi to actually get to the park once you get off of the ferry. Not sure what time the park opens but if it doesn't open early enough, then you may not feel it is worth it, since you are in Cozumel from 7 to 4 (which means you need to be back on board by 3:30.)

We have visited Xcaret twice but we were staying on the mainland at the time. Personally, we would not consider a tour from Cozumel. It takes a full day (or more) to enjoy all the attractions at the park and we think you would be disappointed as we suspect you would only be at the park for about 5 hours, maybe less. One of the main attractions is an evening show which you would definitely miss. We would recommend staying on Cozumel but if you go we hope you have a great time. Another consideration especially if you're prone to seasickness, the ferry ride can be very rough.

Archived