Transportation from Sanford to Canaveral

Lanson5

Does anyone have any ideas regarding transportation from Sanford Airport in Orlando to Port Canaveral? We are sailing on 4-16 and have rented a limo, but just wondering if there are any shuttles etc. available.

Did you google.com with your keywords? Also, maybe call a hotel/motel in the airport area and ask about a shuttle. The Orlando Chamber of Commerce or visitor's bureau should have information.

Maybe check on the Disney Cruise Board and ask this question there, too. Too many people do this for there not to be other ways to get to the port besides hiring a limo.

Sanford isn't really that close to Orlando that you would want to think in that direction. If there are any shuttles available nearby Sanford itself is probably the best place to start. You could also try searching in the Deltona/Orange City areas.

If I were you I would stick with the limo idea and call it a good bet.

We have always found Florida car rentals to be very inexpensive. We have driven one way between both Orlando and Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale. Some people may not like doing their own driving; but it is an option.

Thanks CLapple....actually we asked our TA about this and she said they wouldn't let us do a one way ( she is not the best TA we have found out). I called myself and found Avis to be pretty easy and quite affordable.

I think what we finally decided to do is take the Limo to the ship and then rent a car when we get back and leave it at Sanford airport. Thought we would spend a night in Orlando anyway so it will work out.

Thanks all for your suggestions, I appreciate it:)

Archived