Which itinerary for a 7 Night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Serenade?

slm517

We did the BVI, St. Maarten, Dominica, St. Kitts, Barbados route and really enjoyed it. Best of the islands by far was St. Kitts (Brimstone Hill Fort & Cockleshell Beach). St. Maarten was very interesting with Maho Beach and the low flying planes. The Baths at Virgin Gorda were amazing - especially crawling under the boulders. Only downer for the whole route was Barbados. Expensive and not really appealing so we just hung out on a beach - which oddly was really nice. That route had the sea day as the last day so we have a chance to recuperate from all the ports.

I've taken both routes on Serenade. First of all, I love the ship. Islands I loved, St. Croix, St. Marteen and Grenada. On one of the trips Barbados and Dominica were on the itinerary. Barbados was over-rated, very expensive and I was not impressed. I hated Dominica. The people were rude, it is very rocky, no good beaches. We booked a snorkeling trip that was awful. The tour operators were nasty and when it was time to return, they did not do a head count, and as the boat was leaving the snorkeling area, someone said, "there are still two people in the water." Thank goodnes someone spotted them. Hope this helps.

Archived