Coral cuisine

ONT-CA

I doubt that, for as I noted, the food in the MDR on the Island was generally regarded as excellent and the service top notch. Unfortunately this appears to be the sad effect of a sub par exec chef and MD combination, together those can have a very deleterious effect on MDR food quality.

This problem as first posted has been going on much longer than 14 days. Although we did approach the Table Captain 'Gaby' for some help there was no follow up from the kitchen nor from the maitre d', Giuseppe. (Sorry, I only have their first names).

Griller's statement of "In fact we started to eat dinner , for the first time in 12 years of cruising Princess, in the buffet" supports my contention that this is now Princess' objective.

im goig in april 2112 could you please give a review of what you thought of the cruise and the many sea days you have on it

We will assume you are referring to the LA to FLL, which has five consecutive sea days. Firstly, and perhaps this is not to your interests, but the Coral has the best card room we have used and enjoyed within the Princess fleet. The ship does not have that Closter phobic feel the larger ships have and hence just walking about reviewing photos and the like is a pleasure. The weather affords a lot of time outdoors too with deck games and the like or just sunning and relaxing. Bring along a book or two for there are comfortable interior seating areas when seeking air conditioning. Decks 9, 10 and 11 have a large open public balcony aft found at the very end of these deck corridors. Apart from being an excellent viewing location for taking in the working of the canal in departing each lock, when at sea these areas are quiet and relaxing and excellent for obtaining indirect sunshine for those who cannot take full sun. There will be light entertainment in the public areas and presentations of cooking, etc. Be sure and read your Patter from cover to cover each day for there are items of activity in there that are missed by many. And what better time to do this than enjoying breakfasts on your balcony if applicable, taking in the beauty of the ocean itself. Several good current movies were shown in the theatre, which are presented on your stateroom TV a day or so after.

Archived