Well I did it......

Elmo31

I have been very apprehensive on booking the Destiny for October but finally bit the bullet and did it. I hope I wont regret it as there have been alot of crappy reviews with some decent ones sprinkled in. Please tell me I made a good choice. It is our first back to back which is exciting. (10 days) I also love spending Halloween on a ship, its so much fun!!:) So any thoughts from anyone that has sailed her. Thanks

I have been very apprehensive on booking the Destiny for October but finally bit the bullet and did it. I hope I wont regret it as there have been alot of crappy reviews with some decent ones sprinkled in. Please tell me I made a good choice. It is our first back to back which is exciting. (10 days) I also love spending Halloween on a ship, its so much fun!!:) So any thoughts from anyone that has sailed her. Thanks

If the bride and I planned cruises based on negative reviews.....we would have stopped cruising a long time ago....and that's no joke!!! We have 13 so far and each one was great. And no, my good flamer friends, this is not a Carnival cheerleader posting this, although I very much like Carival as well as the other two lines RCI and NCL we have sailed.

Forget about most. if not all, of the negative crap you read, again be it Carnival, RCI or NCL, as you will have a great cruise if you choose to make it so!

Whew!!! Glad I got that off my mind this fine morning!:D

I'm doing the Destiny in May 2012. I don't care about the negative reviews. All I care about is my cabana at HMC. Go with an open mind and have some fun. Dont let the opinions of others spoil it for you.

You will be surprised what some people complain about......We were just off the Triumph this past Monday. Prior to sailing on her, I read tons of negative reviews about her, and after our cruise, I have to say that I simply just don't understand where these negative people get this stuff. Maybe they just look for stuff to complain about...maybe they are just negative about everything period...I honestly have no idea. What I can tell you is this...a cruise is what YOU make it. You have two choices...you can either have fun, or you cannot. Every cruise we are on (The Triumph was #9) has been a wonderful experience for my wife and I because our attitudes going into the cruise is one of excitement and the fact that we are looking forward to many days of relaxation and fun......oh and just how wrong were the negative reviews on the Triumph....well we sail on her again in 23 days. :-)

We went on our first cruise in June on the Destiny. I was really worried after I booked the cruise and read the negative reviews. However, we went with an open mind and had a terrific time. Food was great, cabin and crew were fantastic. As soon as we got home, I booked another cruise...13 days til departure now. Relax and have a great time o.n the Destiny.

You will have a great time!! We went on an October cruise on the Destiny last year. We had a BLAST. Pay little attention to the reviews, and go find out for yourself. I have never had a bad cruise yet, and am not bothered by a carpet stain here or there or some otf the other pettiness that bothers others.

Froufie....wow I loved your review. Sounds like you had a blast. The pictures also looked great. I cant wait for my date with Destiny....well after my date with a Legend. LOL!!! Bad thing is I would have been platinum with my first leg of the trip as that will be #10 for us, but with the changes even with the 2nd leg we will be short by 1 day. BUMMER!!! ( I think anyway....cruise days 7+7+7+7+7+8+7+7+7+5+5 = 74 Days but 11 cruises sailed)

I wish they would look at cruises booked and grandfathered in....darn so close:eek:

Elmo, it is really true that your vacation is what you make of it. Regardless of reviews, you can have a great time.

My husband and I love to travel. We have made 20 or so trips to Las Vegas and have lost money nearly every time :o. We went to Europe on our honeymoon and our travel connections were a disaster. We have taken cross-country driving trips with our kids to the east coast, west coast, gulf coast, and upper midwest. We hit a deer in Yosemite and had to duct tape our van to keep the bumper on and driver door shut. We have flown to visit family in far corners of the US. We only recently have started cruising. Our first "tropical' cruise turned out to be absolutely freezing and we couldn't use the pool at all.

I can say without doubt that every single one of our trips has had some negative points, things that did not go smoothly, restaurants that were bad, service that was not up to par, hotel rooms that weren't terrific, flights that weren't on time. Whatever.

But I would not take back a single one of those trips. We have loved every single one of them. The opportunities to see new places, meet new people, see old friends, try new things, revisit old favorite places, have outweighed any bad experiences by tons!

Just accept the fact that probably, there will be some things on your trip that could have been better. Don't sweat it. There will be many wonderful and memorable moments, more than the bad. Don't let someone's negative review color your vacation.

I remember on one of my earliest trips with my new husband, I was very stressed about something or other. There were some delays and we were having trouble making our snorkeling expedition, as I recall. Hawaiians taught me the meaning of "hang loose." And they were right. It all worked out.

Just remember to hang loose. Try to let it slide when things aren't perfect. Have another Pina Colada and move on. You'll have a wonderful time.:)

Froufie....wow I loved your review. Sounds like you had a blast. The pictures also looked great. I cant wait for my date with Destiny....well after my date with a Legend. LOL!!! Bad thing is I would have been platinum with my first leg of the trip as that will be #10 for us, but with the changes even with the 2nd leg we will be short by 1 day. BUMMER!!! ( I think anyway....cruise days 7+7+7+7+7+8+7+7+7+5+5 = 74 Days but 11 cruises sailed)

I wish they would look at cruises booked and grandfathered in....darn so close:eek:

So glad you enjoyed the review!! We did have fun (as always!). And as for platinum - you may still have a chance - at the rate Carnival is working on their new loyalty program while they say it is to start 'next year' - that is kind of vague and perhaps may take a few months to implement? As long as I keep my free laundry I'm happy :D

Archived