Shopping-Unique Wedding gift ideas

CruisinCanine

Since having the cruise booked(sail in a weeks time), I now have a wedding to attend in February this year coming. Are there any unique/high end/interesting shops in St.Thomas I should be looking at. We are driving home after the cruise so it isn't an issue to pack something large-ish or fragile. I can buy the run of the mill gift for the couple here in Canada where they are registered or at Ashby's but thought if there was a local potter/artist with a 'conversation' type piece, I would be interested in seeing them. I have good instinct with that sort of gifting and know the bride well enough to be oK with it.

I'm also in Bonaire later in the cruise and have read that that I might see something there also.

Thoughts?

There are several unique shops in Palm Passage in town. Gallery St Thomas has pottery, home accessories, art, BEAUTIFUL WOODEN DECORATIVE PIECES (google Avelino Samuel to see his work), etc. The Galley also has a website.

Just Image is another store with all hand-painted goods including lovely cocktail glasses, etc.

Fish Face (I think that's the name of that store) has gorgeous underwater photos, and some other things that I can't remember.

Another great store is Global Chic in Yacht Haven Grande next to Fat Turtle.

Archived