Viking Emerald Cabin Selection?

painlessone

I have a tour/cruise scheduled October 2012 on the Viking Emerald. Our tour starts in Beijing and ends in Shanghi.

I assume we will be going down river and my question is " Is there a better side (port or starboard) to book a stateroom as far as what is visable from the river or any issue with a sunny side or shade"?

I am currently booked in a room on the port side next to the bridge.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We were on the Emerald in May. In my opinion, neither side of the boat is better than the other. There are things to see on both sides of the river. Also, you won't be wanting to spend much time in your cabin anyway. When you are going through the Gorges, you'll want to be up on deck where you can see all around you.

For a ton of information about this trip, in case you haven't found it yet --go to the "Other Cruise Lines" forum under "Cruise Lines A-O" and see the two Viking China threads. The first is older and now closed, but "Viking China 2" is current and active, and you can post questions there and get answers from people (like me) who have recently traveled with Viking in China.

This is a fantastic trip. Enjoy!

Archived