What shape is the Holiday in?

driver2

Being the oldest Ship in the fleet, I wondering how is She holding up? when was her last dry dock? Anyone know if they replaced the mattress? How are the Public areas? Would apprecitate any Info. looking at a Cruise end of April. Thanks - driver2

Hopefully, a more recent cruiser will come along and answer.

But - the last time I was on the Holiday was September, and I thought everything was great. No problems, and they had new duvets, pillows, and carpeting in the cabins. Really spiffed up! Not sure about mattresses - I never noticed anything different or wrong with mattresses on any of my four cruises on the Holiday.

As far as mechanical - :confused:

It;s hard to believe that it's been over 21 years since I was on the Festivale, and the cruuise staff was all over the place pimping the "new" Holiday, which had not even had it's inaugural sailing yet. And of course, *every* announcement was accompanied by a music bed, Madonna's then-current hit, "Holiday." :rolleyes:

I can let you know next week. We leave Monday for our 5 day cruise on her.

Our friends went on the 14th of March and said it was fine. You will not get what you would get with a newer ship but the older ships have their on style and grace.:) :D :)

We were also on the March 14th sailing. I thought she was in great shape. The beds were extremely comfortable I loved the Duvets!!! The common area were all well looked after, the decorating was a little dated but kept in good shape.

We just got back from the Holiday. They have new (down?) comforters to replace the old, funky polyester bedspreads. The beds were very comfortable. Everything was in just as good condition as any of the newer ships I've been on. There were no mechanical problems while we were there.

We had a great cruise on the Holiday. We debarked on Thursday 4-7-05 and just got home today. The food was great, the pizza was even better. The crew was very friendly. Bed's were very comfortable. Noted some vibration in the 7 Seas dining room. Comedian's were funny. Juggler was great. Really appreciated all the suggestions from poster's on what to bring. Glad I brought the over the door shoe holder. Yes, it held a few pair of shoes, but mostly perfune, highlighters, razors, sunscreens, bandaids and emergency meds etc., and a million other things that you could see at a glance. We stayed very busy and enjoyed ourselves immensely. There were about 500 kids on the ship which was booked to capacity. You hardly noticed them. They were very well behaved and the Holiday staff of Camp Carnival kept them very entertained.

Costa Maya was awesome. We went to the Chacchoben Ruins through Chacchobenruins.com, I recommend you go with Ivan, the first tour group listed. He charges only $43.00 per person. He is new and does not operate through the pier so his charges are less. You contact him directly through his email and he will arrange your tour time. He was born on the ruins site so he is passionate about informing people of the history and culture of the Maya people and their temples.

Passion Island was an expensive way to tan. Great tanning possibilities but at $75 pp a little pricey. The beach is awesome and looks like a postcard. Yes it has free lunch and rum punch but so do most beach club packages for at least half of Passion Island's fee. Our guide was Alejandro and he was great. Very funny and remembered everyone's name! Pretty good for 34 people on our tour. We were joined by 4 other ships groups but you hardly knew there was anyone else around.

Archived